Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bit the bullet I bought the ASE Downpipe off the turbo on ebay along with the Injen downpipe. I have the modding bug and couldn't wait for 2J to produce theirs in the Spring.

Ill post some pics of the pipe for now, (initial quality seems good for the price)

Hopefully this weekend I can get these installed and post updates.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally Installed

So I finally got around and some free time available to install both CAT delete down pipes. :vs_box:

Took about me about 6 hours taking my time on a sunday @ home. Biggest pain in the a$$ was navigating the main CAT down out of the engine bay on the floor.
Everything bolted up real nice to the factory turbo manifold then to the Injen downpipe.

Comparing to Factory setup. Much smoother bend in ASE Downpipe.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Time For Some Sound

SO I was very happy with how the juke felt after the CAT deletes. It just was too quiet still with the factory catback components.
I already spent alot of time looking at different setups available on the market, but nothing was exactly what i was looking for.
I always loved the Greddy SP series mufflers so logically I had to go the custom route.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pictures and Video

I shot a quick video sound clip so you can get a listen.
I recorded this on my Cell phone. The microphone gets over modulation and the sound @ higher RPM's is distorted.
Startup with some light Revs , then higher and higher

4" Tip

Custom Bracket Supports On the Injen

Rear Section

Downpipe View

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Beautiful, Rev!

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
So did you have to weld the muffler? I like the sound of the exhaust system with that muffler. I am shopping around to have mine done/do mine but not until late spring. I can't do the 2nd cat delete however. I will only be able to do a cat back system because of a warranty.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So did you have to weld the muffler? I like the sound of the exhaust system with that muffler. I am shopping around to have mine done/do mine but not until late spring. I can't do the 2nd cat delete however. I will only be able to do a cat back system because of a warranty.
Yeah I had a local Muffler shop weld it up with 3" piping. This will all unbolt and go back to stock CATS. I still have a 100k Warranty I can swap my stock CATS back in case I have to claim something major.

Here's a link to the Muffler
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Greddy-Supr...ash=item3aa7c50407:g:IsgAAOSwNSxVMJan&vxp=mtr

Thanks CDN Juke, I put in a lot of time finding the right look and sound I wanted.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The dash has bugged me sense I picked it up last January , seemed always too shinny from sun at times. :dunno: maybe its just me

Anyways I ordered a "dashmat" from the company we use at work. I got it in black sedona suede. Kind of matches the "hole" pattern on my seats.
I figured if I go all out:vs_rocking_banana: and picked the monogramming option with red stitching.

20170111_132218.jpg 20170111_132246.jpg 20170111_132249.jpg 20170111_132257.jpg 20170111_132333.jpg 20170111_132345.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
But there were so many other options!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah some of those are scary:vs_laugh:

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ordered refreshed taillights threw work for $202. The stock taillights never did anything for me and the way they looked at night were disappointing.

save1.jpg save2.jpg save3.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Looks so good, Rev! You'll notice yourself look back at those a lot!

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks so good, Rev! You'll notice yourself look back at those a lot!
Having them for the past week or so i find myself not reversing into as many spots so i can see them when i come out :eek-new:

I ordered Injen SRI , Turbosmart dual port BOV and 2J pulley trying to add up the go fast parts before I get a tune in the summer.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Some People Suck

So I took my beloved juke to my local Nissan dealer (where I bought her) in for some service and warranty work.
My list:
1) The top dog-bone mount has a visible tear in it and feels extra jerky between gears.
2) The radio finally died, not turning on, two to the head, finished. I have had random issue since day 1.
3) Time for a gear oil change, I'm at 40k
4) Rear brakes squeal

I paid for the Security plus warranty for 100k so everything should be covered beside the Fluid change.

So finally after 2 and 1/2 weeks waiting for parts I get a call my jukey is ready. Thank god my back was killing me in the rental car seats.

I'm told the radio and dog-bone mount was replaced under warranty. My rear pads are @ 3mm and need to be replaced. So I pay my bill for the transmission fluid exchange and off my merry way happy I've been reunited.

Now this weekend comes and I start cleaning the car up and looking under the hood. I noticed the mount looked just as dirty as the rest of the engine bay. Taking a closer look I see there is a crack in the same spot as the "old" one. Coincidence....I think not!
There is a part number right on top 11350-1KC0A and under that it says 2014. My car is a 14", so I start doing some research.

20170327_191139.jpg
Part number right off the Repair order is 11350-3SG0A which is the superseded number that is still in my car.
Also I looked at some old photo's I have from when I first got it. Zoomed in and its the same Part Number #11350-1KC0A Casting Date :20140310A

Obviously I'm not taking it back there because you cant trust them. I question if the gear oil was actually changed.
So I headed down to the next nearest Nissan a hour away, always nice there and they ordered me a new mount so I can I can get it fixed right. The tech looked and said the fluid did looked changed.

So Point is some people suck and don't trust everyone.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Totally random and non-juke related but I live in NY and have family in Hudson, FL. My cousin owns Famous Sal's pizza,haha.<br>I have a 2014 MT RS, waiting for the 2J downpipe!

·
Super Moderator
11,266 Posts
Wow. that sucks. You can do the top dog bone if you want to. 5 minute job and New I think they cost $50 shipped. If they wont do it under warranty.

Keep that OLD dog bone and mod it with Urethane. Way better drive feel/shifting, and such. A little louder backing up and in 1st gear but otherwise acceptable.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The mount wasn't really that bad in the first place. Since I'm under warranty I figured let them do it, I paid for a extended warranty anyways. I think the Urethane mod is the way to go if no one makes upgraded factory mounts(Don't see this happening). There is just too many other mods planned so Urethane mods on the back burner.

I've heard of Famous Sal but never been there. I'm too waiting on 2J product, the intercooler can't come out soon enough.

·
Super Moderator
11,266 Posts
Well when they do the repair. See if you can keep the old dog bone. Thats half the battle for the Urethane mod.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts