Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have to reverse up our sloping driveway onto a busy main road. Even using a light touch on the electric parking brake switch, it still jerks and judders out onto main road. Without using the switch it rolls forward, then rises up on the back wheels. ANY IDEAS ANYONE. It’s so embarrassing when cars stop to let you out and you jerk over the road in front of them!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
The juke reverse is very, very weak and it is necessary to really give it a lot of gas in certain situations.

The electric brake is not touch sensitive as far as using a "light touch". It's a switch, either on or off, so nothing to be done there.

Basically it boils down to getting used to it and finding the right combo of gas/throttle and timing. Personally, in difficult stop and reverse situations, I will not use the emergency brake, buy will use the regular brake with my left foot. Keep the brake pedal depressed while giving it gas/throttle and find the equilibrium when the reverse is at enough power to hold the car in place and able to start actually moving in reverse, then start letting of the brake pedal, allowing the car to pull itself without too much jerkiness. It's gonna rev up a lot, so be gentle with it until you get that good combo and equilibrium learned.

·
Registered
931 Posts
This is weird, as I have never had this issue. I have reversed up many a steep driveway/hill and it works like pretty much every other car in reverse (except for manuals where it sounds like you're skinning a goose with the gear whine).

·
Registered
931 Posts
I'm also thinking it's a UK car and newer so it may have the 'button' parking brake as opposed to tried and true lever action... no clue without more details but, I have NEVER had a car that has an issue with reverse, infact that gear is usually way more torqueier (not a word but you get it) so slow roll is usually not a problem 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
In my 2012, had to go like 80% throttle in reverse to get up my NC driveway and then slam the brakes before it got in the garage. Made a lot of noise and was not fun whenever I had to do it. Was like that from day one and I've checked with dealerships for TCM updates, but there are none.

·
Super Moderator
2,197 Posts
I don't reverse uphill often anymore, but when I used to at a previous house I had a similar experience as Bargeld. had to go close to 50% throttle and hold it there to get any kind of torque, but once it got going it would move fast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts