Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have a 2011 SL with the Rockford Fosgate sound system/Navigation. I’m hesitant to post a new thread as lately I’m finding the thread police are quick to point out the questions have been answered. So I diligently looked throughout this forum prior to posting. I even looked at the diagrams from a 2012 posting that do not show what I need. I simply need to know how to retain my factory amp with aftermarket Kenwood as well as backup camera. What color wire is the amp and where does it hook to?

·
Super Moderator
1,928 Posts
yes you are correct, this has been discussed and answered multiple times. In fact, it's a sticky thread in the sub-forum you just posted in... first post in that thread has the information you seek.

Reactions: redBack_juke

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I saw this thread and it’s slightly outdated with blurry pictures and doesn’t actually show or explain what color aftermarket wire attaches to the amp wire to maintain the bass. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Thanks! I saw this thread and it’s slightly outdated with blurry pictures and doesn’t actually show or explain what color aftermarket wire attaches to the amp wire to maintain the bass. Thanks again.
The aftermarket wiring will vary from model to model so you'll have to take the thread squirt posted and them try and get the schematics for your particular aftermarket unit and then do some translating to figure out what exactly you need to do. That thread should contain most of the info you need, even if indirectly.

It's just kinda the nature of the job. Especially on modern cars with their complex and integrated wiring systems it can all get kind of complicated and time consuming to figure out you will have a hard time finding pre-existing answers for your particular setup and wishes. And harnesses and stuff will all be brand specific. Everything you are looking for should be located directly behind the head unit though I believe.

You may actually have more luck contacting Kenwood, telling them what your car is, and asking for more detailed info. You can also always take it to a shop, albeit that obviously costs more and comes with the risks inherent in letting other people touch your stuff.

I believe the dedicated amp is only for the subwoofer, the actual door speakers are still powered by the built in head unit. I may be wrong on that but I'm 95% sure.

If you are simply looking at upgrading your sound, might I recommend just some new speakers? I got some new speakers and installed them with a Nissan speaker plug adapters to avoid splicing and I was pretty happy with the results. Used some weather stripping around the mounting hole to deaden the speakers mount with the door. I may do the same with the sub someday too. That way I got to keep the factory amps and head unit, which on the 2015+ is way more complicated because of the 360 degree camera system.

·
Super Moderator
4,184 Posts
Anyone trying to do audio upgrade needs to look at Crutchfield.com They sell the head units and amp + all the jumpers connect them to any vehicle. I have used them several times in the past but not on my Juke. Check out their site and see if you can find what you need. Unless you do this stuff all the time, you will struggle.

Capture.JPG

·
Registered
2013 Juke Nismo, Injen Tuned Short Ram Air Intake, Nismo Cat Back Exhaust, Full Vehicle LED Convert
36 Posts
Hello all. I have a 2011 SL with the Rockford Fosgate sound system/Navigation. I’m hesitant to post a new thread as lately I’m finding the thread police are quick to point out the questions have been answered. So I diligently looked throughout this forum prior to posting. I even looked at the diagrams from a 2012 posting that do not show what I need. I simply need to know how to retain my factory amp with aftermarket Kenwood as well as backup camera. What color wire is the amp and where does it hook to?
What I did was thread the wire from the amp into an RCA input and plugged it into the head unit. Easy as cake. I think the wire color was either yellow or green (It’s been a long time since I did it, so don’t quote me on it).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for the help! I have the amp working and I’m waiting for the crutchfield factory reverse camera harness to arrive and will hook that up. I do have a question in regards to which wire on the RCA is positive. I know it’s the wire leading to the male prong but I’m not sure how to see the wire without disassembling the entire plug.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Black wire is typically negative. Could verify with multimeter or even a AA battery... Hold male prong to one terminal and tap wires to the other. The one that sparks is the male prong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts