Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does one remove the gator assembly? I had one of my LEDs pop its head off and I want to get it out. There are 2 visible bolts but there is something still holding it in place in the middle and I can't figure out how to get it out. Any help would be appreciated. I'll go see if I an figure it out in the mean time.

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
How does one remove the gator assembly? I had one of my LEDs pop its head off and I want to get it out. There are 2 visible bolts but there is something still holding it in place in the middle and I can't figure out how to get it out. Any help would be appreciated. I'll go see if I an figure it out in the mean time.
Part Detail

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Curious, but i can't seem to get that bolt off. I'll have to get a proper wrench to do this, my little adjustable wrench was not working out for me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a socket kit today, tried all the sockets and none were deep enough to get around the dang nut. The bolt that the nut screws down on is really long. Couldn't even size the nut. Anyone know the size of that nut? Will keep trying.

·
Registered
849 Posts
THe nut is going to be metric. My bet is it's going to be either 10 or 12 mm. What might work the best for you is an open end/box wrench. But get the nice one from craftsman that ratchets on the box end. The craftsman brand one is a reversible wrench so you can use it upside down. Handy sometimes when you are in tight spaces. It'll work better than a socket/rachet. Less to hold on too, less bulk to wiggle into the fender and you don't have to worry about socket depth.

If you have some deep wall metric sockets, you can stick on just the socket without the rachet to measure the nut size. THe stud should stick through the square drive hole. You can't turn the nut, but at least you can get the size so you can get the correct rachet.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Got a socket kit today, tried all the sockets and none were deep enough to get around the dang nut. The bolt that the nut screws down on is really long. Couldn't even size the nut. Anyone know the size of that nut? Will keep trying.
It is 10

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Did you ever get that nut off? I looked at mine and it really looks impossible! I can barely fit my hand in there, never mind trying to use any tools.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Did you ever get that nut off? I looked at mine and it really looks impossible! I can barely fit my hand in there, never mind trying to use any tools.
Yes, using a low profile mini socket set

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Yes, using a low profile mini socket set
Could you elaborate on that? Because I've never heard of such a tool until now. Does it look like this? (Snap-On)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Could you elaborate on that? Because I've never heard of such a tool until now. Does it look like this? (Snap-On)
Pretty much. Mine has a short handle. $5 at home depot

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sorry to go off topic. Has anyone removed the middle bulb before? The one behind the orange reflector. I tried twisting like the main gator light but does not budge. It's sitting kind of high so I cannot see if it's twist or snap on type.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
Sorry to go off topic. Has anyone removed the middle bulb before? The one behind the orange reflector. I tried twisting like the main gator light but does not budge. It's sitting kind of high so I cannot see if it's twist or snap on type.

Thanks
yes...I have ...its a twist off...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Besides going around the back is there anyway to get that black casing off? The thing that covers the bolt, I have 9 million socket pieces but I can't use em cause there is a Black "O" casing that doesn't seem to come off for me anyway...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Still haven't gotten the gator off. Guess I'll wait till my 7500 service and have them show me how it comes off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's a 10mm nut.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The gator lamp carries a 10mm nut in the middle. You just need to loosen it a bit and then slide the lamp forward( towards the bumper).

·
Registered
296 Posts
nice & handy to know!

latest "forum post reply ever" award anyone?👋😁

1 - 20 of 22 Posts