Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this doesn't elicit the same groans as a gas mileage thread. There's quite a few posts regarding mechanical issues. Anybody having reoccurring problems, breakdowns, minor annoyances, etc., that haven't already been mentioned or maybe suggested warning signs to watch out for? I want to drive my Juke until the wheels fall off, but that's intended as a figure of speech and not a prediction of actual events...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love my Juke, but I have questioned the reliability. I bought a 2013 SL about not even a month ago, and already I have had to take it to the shop twice:
The first time was what made me loose a lot of confidence in it. I was driving on the freeway (about 400mi on the odo.) and all of the sudden the brake light turns on. Soon after the car loses all drive power. Had to get towed. Problem was the main engine drive belt was bad.

The second time (I have yet to take it in) was the on a trip with my buddies. After the trip, the seat belt warning light stayed on even when there isn't someone on the passenger seat. I searched the forum and this looks like it has happened to more than a few people. Apparently the seat housing goes bad? i don't know, we'll see after I take it to the dealer this weekend.

So yea, my car still having dealer plates on it and already 2 problems is worrying, but I'm hoping this is the last of my problems.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have the seat belt problem, too. Leaving the front passenger seat belt buckled seems to keep the warning light off. Planning to get it fixed at my first oil change. Hopefully I won't be in the bad drive chain club anytime soon.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've had my 2013 SV for 3 months and now have 6500 miles on it (several long road trips). Love it! ZERO issues so far. I have not heard many issues over all. Realize that people will post about problems on forums but few will start a thread saying no problems. So forums become rather lopsided.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good points. seatbelt thing is definitely more of an annoyance than true problem, especially when it can be resolved under warranty. creeping up on 2500 miles on mine and zero real issues as well.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I don't think you're going to get meaningful information on reliability from a forum unless a car is extremely unreliable. The Juke isn't. If you trust TrueDelta.com's stats it's not much worse than a Honda Accord.

I also want to drive my Juke for a long time (would like to get 200k out of it. Unfortunately, there's not much anyone can tell you about whether that is possible. My gut feeling is Nissans are generally solid cars that are economical to maintain for the long haul. There's a lot of old Nissans out on the road from what I can tell.

·
Registered
83 Posts
There's a lot of old Nissans out on the road from what I can tell.
A lot of what determines what cars stay on the road is how much the owners like the car, not just reliability. When people love a car they will keep fixing it, although they are usually not super unreliable cars either, because that often leads people to hate the car. A little of both I'd say (reliability and enjoyment of the car).

·
Registered
956 Posts
I bought my 2011 in March of 2012 as a leftover for one heck of a price. I only have 7800 miles on it and have no issues with the Jukester at all. The only issue is, that my wallet is getting lighter because of all the mods done to it. Even at that, I have no complaints. Runs better than ever! Fuel milage is better than the 2002 Subaru Outback LL Bean wgn with a 3.0 I used to have before trading it in and a lot quicker too. I wish the suspension dampening was better because you feel every bump in the road but hey, I grew up with British Leyland sports cars & their suspensions were the same way. I look at it this way, if I'm a little tired, the irregularities in the roadway will keep me awake.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think you're going to get meaningful information on reliability from a forum unless a car is extremely unreliable. The Juke isn't. If you trust TrueDelta.com's stats it's not much worse than a Honda Accord.

I also want to drive my Juke for a long time (would like to get 200k out of it. Unfortunately, there's not much anyone can tell you about whether that is possible. My gut feeling is Nissans are generally solid cars that are economical to maintain for the long haul. There's a lot of old Nissans out on the road from what I can tell.
Agreed. I realize anything gleaned from the forum is mostly anecdotal. Biggest concern was/is the timing chain issue. Not sure if Nissan gives out badges for mileage but they do, I'll be earning 'em. Love my Juke!

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At 4500+ with my new 2013 and I think i'm doing just fine. As far as I know everything still works!
I really think that if you stick to scheduled maintenance it'll stay that way. Might still get the extended warranty when the time comes, though.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought my 2011 in March of 2012 as a leftover for one heck of a price. I only have 7800 miles on it and have no issues with the Jukester at all. The only issue is, that my wallet is getting lighter because of all the mods done to it. Even at that, I have no complaints. Runs better than ever! Fuel milage is better than the 2002 Subaru Outback LL Bean wgn with a 3.0 I used to have before trading it in and a lot quicker too. I wish the suspension dampening was better because you feel every bump in the road but hey, I grew up with British Leyland sports cars & their suspensions were the same way. I look at it this way, if I'm a little tired, the irregularities in the roadway will keep me awake.
Know your pain...had mine for just over a month and already dropped about 5 bills on appearance mods and accessories. wish I knew your pain with British Leyland as well. Sweet!

·
Registered
956 Posts
The MG's, Spitties, Jag's & Austin Healy's were great back in the day. I grew up in a British Leyland dealership & my dad had Jag's. The 1st Sunday of every month we would go on road ralley's with me sitting on a pillow, on the transmission hump with the shifter between my legs. Kept praying that when dad threw the gear shift into 2nd or 4th he wouldn't miss & hit something else.. :( As far as the suspension goes, maybe that's why I don't really mind the bumps in the road. Takes me back to the old days. Shoot, always wanted a sports car anyway and now I got one....and this one is considerably more reliable!

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The MG's, Spitties, Jag's & Austin Healy's were great back in the day. I grew up in a British Leyland dealership & my dad had Jag's. The 1st Sunday of every month we would go on road ralley's with me sitting on a pillow, on the transmission hump with the shifter between my legs. Kept praying that when dad threw the gear shift into 2nd or 4th he wouldn't miss & hit something else.. :( As far as the suspension goes, maybe that's why I don't really mind the bumps in the road. Takes me back to the old days. Shoot, always wanted a sports car anyway and now I got one....and this one is considerably more reliable!
used to ride in a jensen healey the same way occasionally as a kid myself. might explain why i'm a rally fan in nascar country. read on a reliable website (that i can no longer find) that the juke is nissan engineers' tribute to '60s rally. check out a '62 saab and you can sorta see it in the lines on the back end.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 year- 20000 miles no issues except one recall. Oh except the mileage could be better :rolleyes:
yup. if you drive like there's an elderly relative in the front seat with an open 5 gallon bucket of battery acid in the seat behind him/her you might get the stated mileage.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Jensen Healy, now that takes me back.

·
Registered
49 Posts
8000 miles put on ours since we got it (21000 total), and no real issues yet. One of the rear seat belts got stuck, but we got that fixed under warranty. I thought one of the tweeters in the A-pillar was bad, but it isn't (they are just rather inadequate at certain frequencies).

I just hope and pray the timing chain issue with Jukes gets fixed before too long. It's the only thing that really worries me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts