Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what is recommended in terms of using the stock boost control solenoid, Manual boost controller, or electronic boost controller. From what I understand, using a manual or electronic boost controller will pretty much eliminate boost spike. If that is true, is boost spike THAT dangerous? Any info appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wondering what is recommended in terms of using the stock boost control solenoid, Manual boost controller, or electronic boost controller. From what I understand, using a manual or electronic boost controller will pretty much eliminate boost spike. If that is true, is boost spike THAT dangerous? Any info appreciated.

Thanks
Boost spikes can be an issue, but that's relative to how it spikes. I've seen a Supra spike to over 35 psi during a launch. Some people use a manual boost controller, in conjunction with the primary electronic one, to control boost spikes.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
The turbo being so small is the main reason for boost spiking since it builds boost so fast.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I opted to run a manual boost controller with the stock controller. Especially with the CVT, boost spikes can put the CVT into protect mode. Boost controllers are cheap and they help smooth out the power curve as well as potentially protect the motor.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so just to clarify. I can run a manual boost controller in conjunction with the factory boost control solenoid to get rid of the boost spikes? How does this work? For example, would I set the manual boost controller to "24 PSI" so it could modulate a maximum of that amount to the factory solenoid. Would I still retain the UpRev I-CON boost control functions?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
You plumb it so that you control the signal your factory boost control is sending to the wastegate....boost control the boost controller if you will...

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You plumb it so that you control the signal your factory boost control is sending to the wastegate....boost control the boost controller if you will...
Ahh ok, gotcha. Thanks noob!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Lucky 1st gen motor people :(

·
Super Moderator
10,139 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Super Moderator
10,139 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,139 Posts
Turbosmart Booster "T" ?

·
Super Moderator
10,139 Posts
Are you tuned ? Meaning running more boost than stock ?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol I would just keep it completely stock at that point.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Lol I would just keep it completely stock at that point.
Agreed. That's a good candidate for absolutely NO power gain. We all (well, most of us) know that the ECU will just basically (as MacG likes to say) "nerf" whatever has been done.
No tune=no power gains.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's funny because if you remember the whole S***show with my first tuner, the guy didnt' know what he was doing. The dyno chart just showed a zig zag of power because the ECU was fighting the tune and mods.

100% not worth putting a MBC for 3 more PSI. Complete waste of time and money with probably almost literally 0 gain and only potential headaches.

Sorry to poop on it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts