Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Don't know if your question 'why do I have round reflectors' is more like "why do I have reflectors (which happen to be round)?" .... because SAFETY LEGISLATURE. FDOT wants to make sure that your parked uninhabited car is visible to something creating a light source (headlights) that may be barreling towards it in the dark.

That being said..... safety is a relative concept. Do you feel safer having them on there? Because if not, screw em, remove em, paint em, put flamethrowers in their place, whatever. They are not required for legal operation on roadways. Only required for manufacture/import. The govt's concern for your safety is mostly an illusion, just to put regulations in place to say "hey, we tried". If someone is drunk enough to ram into your car, little round reflectors aren't going to deter em.

Reactions: Ausjuk33

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
That's new info to me. I am under the understanding that they are NOT required for legal operation on roadways. But then again, I live in the Freedom State. So that may certainly be a requirement for states that require inspections.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
(sorry I didn't see the link the first time, just the response?!)

Bro you are like the ultimate encyclopedia of information. What a gem you are on this forum and this planet.

Well I stand corrected. Let's add this to the long list of illegal modifications I've done to my vehicles over the years.

EDITTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

I stand firm in my original statement. The opening line of that statute "Every reflector upon any vehicle referred to in s. 316.2225 shall be of such ....." and then if you go to statute 2225, it lists the vehicles of which it is concerned: bus or truck, bus or truck, truck tractor, trailer or semitrailer, pole trailer, trailer semitrailer and pole trailer, slow moving vehicle. The opening line of the statute (s1) refers to reflectors defined by another statute, which is NOT a standard normal car like a Juke. Section 2 and 3 refer to normal cars but do NOT refer to reflectors, ONLY to clearance and identification lamps (s2) and side marker lamps (s3).

Whew, thanks for the fun ride there. Keeping my legal lingo up to date. I confidently still state: additional reflectors are not required for legal on-road usage.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
I swear to god this Jukester96 fool is a troll. Everything he says makes me want to hurl.

EVERYTHING ELSE in this thread is awesome though. I love the intelligent discussion of silly unnecessary laws (ignoring jukesters worthless opinion input) and that the ultimate conclusion was "screw it I painted my reflectors!" which brings me great joy. Congrats on your Juke's new butt-eyes lol.

Regarding the statute you posted, s1 states "which reflector is required hereunder", that's your magical phrase that basically says "if it's required, don't mess with it". But as previously established: it's not required. So I hear ya, but I see nothing of merit to change my stance that reflectors are required for import/sale, but not required for usage on roadways.

Aus dawwwwwwg, rock them $30 specials. I think lights down there look totally fine. I chose to smoke mine though, as well as my 3rd brake light. Since I also have a black Jukeys, I think it cleans up the rear. Also, be forwarned that those clear tails are quite susceptible to UV damage.... So either be prudent about where you park or have em clearcoated to help save that plastic. Those things are expensive but they are cheap cheap cheaply made.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Homie I don't film anything. I am a painter. Semi-transparent black base coat + clear coat. I'm boujie baby. It'll last forever and look damn good doing it.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

1 - 5 of 5 Posts