Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, first time posting. So I’m wanting to put “rally wheels and tires” on my Juke (2011 Juke SL, AWD, CVT) I’ve been searching for awhile now on this forum and other sites to see if anyone has done something like this. There are a few but very little information on wheel and tire setups. Any recommendations? I would rather not have to recalibrate my speedometer but not completely against it if that’s my only option. I’ve seen a few posts saying 235/55/18 are the biggest you can run. But was unable to find a more “aggressive” tire in that size. I’m not looking to make any suspension modifications. Just mostly looking to fill some gap, and look different then the rest of the jukes in my area. Any suggestions are helpful. Thanks!

·
Administrator
13,173 Posts
Having a speedo off by a few % is nothing so changing tire size isnt too bad within reason.

·
Administrator
13,173 Posts
Scroll down to see the change.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Unfortunately, geometry is against you in this battle. The rolling diameter of the tire is directly proportional to the speedometer. If you change the rolling diameter of the tire, then it is now out of sync with the speedo. So if you are looking to "fill the gap" then it requires a bigger tire, which puts the speedo out.

As mentioned, is it huge? Not really, although it is proportional, so the faster you go, the bigger the raw number gets. 4% at 20mph is 0.8mph, but at 80mph it is 3.2mph. Not huge, but maybe enough to keep it on your mind.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Lots and lots of options. It boils down to budget and your objectives. You can check here Alloy Wheel & Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit to get an idea of how the new size will compare to your current setup. You can get pretty wild with tire sizing.

I run a 255 45 17 on a 17x9 wheel 25mm offset. Fits flush, and no rubbing, though I did need mud flaps to keep the sides of the car clean. I want a large footprint and run AS tires. Good compromise for my driving style and longevity of tires. Some have run wider set ups.

Going with an 18 will give you more size options if you wider than 245 tire.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts