Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have read on the form different issues that have been happening with of their peoples Jukes but this situation seems super weird while sitting still the AC fan works blows cold air no issues then after a while cuts off and then the car starts to overheat and the fan stops working I know a couple people said the switch may be the issue or the thermostat but I don't think it's a thermostat if the fan cuts on and blows cold air.

After turning it off and letting it sit and then turning it back on I left the car idle in there was no issues after driving about 5 minutes the fan stops working and it starts to blow hot air.
do you think it may be the switch or the temperature sensor
please help

Apologies if I over looked this issue in another thread.

14 Nismo juke
123k miles
6mt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update just took it for a 2 hour drive and doesnt over heat at all,
Only sitting still so I know it's not the thermostat.

Sensors maybe ?

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
652 Posts
could be one of a few things. You need to have proper electrical diagnostic performed on the vehicle to determine what the issue is. If you have some experience with automotive electrical systems we can walk you through some stuff you can do to eliminate some potential issues. If you have never played with automotive wiring before it is highly recommended you take the vehicle to someone with the proper tools and knowledge to get the car diagnosed properly. You do not want to just throw parts at it and hope it fixes it. This could end up costing more money than paying someone to diagnose it for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do have some time after 11 am cst.

And it's pretty cool to have some one i follow and watch all the videos over and over again to reply and willing to help so thanks .

Dm my contact info

·
Super Moderator
2,152 Posts
Update just took it for a 2 hour drive and doesnt over heat at all,
Only sitting still so I know it's not the thermostat.
Makes me think water pump has gone bad and the AC cutting out is a side effect. Are you seeing the engine coolant temp/thermometer on the dash (if yours has one) and does it go over half?

Purely a guess though based on other (albeit older) cars I've had that would overheat if I wasn't moving because the water pump died. Air flowing through the radiator still provides some cooling capacity even without the pump which is why it would cool down or not overheat while driving.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dont think it's the water pump this is what happens

Start car
Let warm up
No issues
Turn ac on fans working fine car is at optimal temperature.
30 mins or so In 105 heat no problems
Come to a stop light from city driving still ac cold
Out of no where (city driving) i hear ac clutch disengage, air starts blowing warm fan cuts off.

Pull over while idling still warm not over heating.
About 2 mins later ac kicks in and starts working fan kicks back on.
Still at idle 15 mins later ac starts blowing warm again 20 mins later I read 240 per torque pro app.

Shut car off let cool down. Turn back on ac is blow warm air
Start driving to cool it off (city) and I feel the ac clutch engaged by the slight power reduce as usual.

That's what I mean by intermittently its super weird and quite confused.

·
Registered
652 Posts
if the water pump on these stops working it makes a terrible noise. I replaced a few pumps last year that where seizing up. Odds are its a fan control issue. If the coolant temp gauge on the dahs is reading its not a sensor issue. It will be something related to a fuse/idpm/fan control module/fan issue. Like squirt said we are all just going to be guessing. you need to have it properly diagnosed.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Dont think it's the water pump this is what happens

Start car
Let warm up
No issues
Turn ac on fans working fine car is at optimal temperature.
30 mins or so In 105 heat no problems
Come to a stop light from city driving still ac cold
Out of no where (city driving) i hear ac clutch disengage, air starts blowing warm fan cuts off.

Pull over while idling still warm not over heating.
About 2 mins later ac kicks in and starts working fan kicks back on.
Still at idle 15 mins later ac starts blowing warm again 20 mins later I read 240 per torque pro app.

Shut car off let cool down. Turn back on ac is blow warm air
Start driving to cool it off (city) and I feel the ac clutch engaged by the slight power reduce as usual.

That's what I mean by intermittently its super weird and quite confused.
stop using the AC. The condenser in front of the radiator gets REALLY hot. If the car still overheats when the AC is not being used then you know its a cooling system issue. You have way too many variables in there. If it does NOT overheat without the AC then you know its related to the fan control system, as the fan has two speed and when the AC is on the high speed circuit is usually used, as the low speed one cannot move enough air to cool both the condenser and the radiator.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok here's the curve ball.

AC off car idle
Fans running
30mins later of driving city Temperature starts to rise and fan is not responsive.
No extra noises from water pump at all.
My questions are this ,as farfetched as sounds.

1- is there a such thing as too much coolant (while cold it's at the max line)

2- can the fan over heat and go in protective mood?

3. I know I should have but I did- drove 30 miles with ac off and fan not working and temp stayed at 185 degrees (highway)

So I guess I answered my own question sorta

Sounding like fan issue but or relay right?

And I know you guys are giving suggestions and I appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
11,602 Posts
Yes the fans can get hot and be unresponsive. It is OK to drive on the highway with broken fans.

Someone in the last 6 months found this to be the case. The fans when cold were working. Once hot they got very resistive and would not power on.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Never go by what coolant is in that tank. That is the overflow tank. The only way to truly tell if your coolant is full is when the car is cold and off, remove the radiator cap. If it is at the top, its full. Does that mean there are no air pockets? No. There can be. But the overflow tank is just for that, overflow. When the cooling system reaches enough pressure it opens up the cap and the excess fluid is pushed into that tank. Here is a short description video on the difference between an overflow tank (what the juke uses) and an expansion tank (what most European vehicles and some domestic vehicles use)

As I have said several times, we are all just going to be guessing here on the forum as to what it could be. Could it be fan related? possibly, sounds like it. But then we have to look at things related to the fan that it could be: IPDM, wiring, grounds, ect. A obd2 scan tool that can control can-bus functions like the fans would be able to help you diagnose this issue. I have to stress again, DO NOT GUESS, pay the $100 or so dollars and have someone tell you for sure what the issue is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know I know , I hear and understand.

Thanks guys,

Just out of curiosity where is the rest of this document?
It's one page and this is where I go it from.

·
Super Moderator
2,152 Posts
Search the forums for the Factory Service Manuals (FSM). They're out there for download, but hosted on a different site.

Reactions: JayVsZoe

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I have read on the form different issues that have been happening with of their peoples Jukes but this situation seems super weird while sitting still the AC fan works blows cold air no issues then after a while cuts off and then the car starts to overheat and the fan stops working I know a couple people said the switch may be the issue or the thermostat but I don't think it's a thermostat if the fan cuts on and blows cold air.

After turning it off and letting it sit and then turning it back on I left the car idle in there was no issues after driving about 5 minutes the fan stops working and it starts to blow hot air.
do you think it may be the switch or the temperature sensor
please help

Apologies if I over looked this issue in another thread.

14 Nismo juke
123k miles
6mt
I had the exact same problem and I see many more who are having the same. 3 new compressors later, I think it’s fixed.. An intelligent repair person isolated the problem rather quickly. Seems that the fan motor governs the AC functions and it seems that maybe ALL Jukes were made with faulty ones...Fan motor is now replaced and AC is working in all different scenarios!!! I’m almost am in disbelief, as even the Nissan dealership could not figure this out..I thought I was going to have to junk it, with just 60k miles on it..
Hope this helps..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts