Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the flow direction for the CVT fluid is on the beehive?

Product Kitchen appliance Font Gas Cylinder

Is #1 fluid going out or in?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
12,143 Posts
I dont think it matters.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont think it matters.
Reason I wanted to know was because I was planning on putting an in-line oil filter and those will have a flow direction

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Yes, you are correct.

There is a "big" o-ring and then there is a "small" o-ring on the back of that cooler.
  • The "small" o-ring is the oil FEED side before the beehive cooler, oil coming into the beehive.
  • The "big" o-ring is the oil RETURN side that flows oil around the stock CVT oil filter and thru it to be filtered, oil flowing out of the beehive.
If you flip over that Rogue Beehive cooler you can see what I'm talking about with the port/holes and get the direction of flow from that.
My picture is custom design but the actual stock oil filter sits between the CVT case and that big o-ring in a big pocket.

Font Auto part Automotive tire Circle Fashion accessory

Reactions: slcjuke

·
Registered
27 Posts
@slcjuke
I’m typing on my phone, hope it’s still helpful.

Can’t see the “notch” or the recessed area on the cooler in your picture which I normally use as my reference point, so I google other pictures.
The bottom hole is “dirty” fluid coming out from CVT towards beehive, before making a round and go back to be filtered.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Trunk Audio equipment

So, the directional flow will be as follow:

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Grille Tire

White Drum Automotive lighting Audio equipment Gas

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you gentlemen,

This has been a lot of help

·
Administrator
12,143 Posts
@slcjuke
I’m typing on my phone, hope it’s still helpful.

Can’t see the “notch” or the recessed area on the cooler in your picture which I normally use as my reference point, so I google other pictures.
The bottom hole is “dirty” fluid coming out from CVT towards beehive, before making a round and go back to be filtered.

View attachment 191348

So, the directional flow will be as follow:

View attachment 191350
View attachment 191349

Hope this helps.
Wonder how a cooler works, if you hook the beehive backwards, from a thermal point of view.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts