Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all :)

I've seen in a couple of videos where the automatic transmission shifter is in the 'drive' position, and there is a '+' and a '-' . Is this basically the same as cars that have a 'first' gear, a 'drive' gear, and an 'overdrive' gear? Pressing the stick to the '+' or '-' does what? Sorry if this seems a stupid question...

Thanks for any insight,

Ian R.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I've heard some things about "manual mode" which I don't understand, either. It doesn't have paddle shifters -- maybe they're referring to the ICON "sport" mode?

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
You can chose either manual shift (without clutching) of fully automatic.

So put it in D and it will do everything by it self, and I you go semi automatic, you'll shift up going + and down using -

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the purpose of this? Is it activated by a button somewhere? Seems kind of like pretending to drive an ACTUAL manual transmission. :D

Thanks,
Ian R.

·
Registered
447 Posts
It's to control when you shift, instead of having the Automatic transmission do it for you. This way you can rev the car to maximum power for greater acceleration at the cost of fuel efficiency.

·
Registered
28 Posts
In D mode does anybody know if the CVT changes 'psuedo' gear or does it keep the engine at its *peak* opperating rpm?

·
Registered
131 Posts
What is the purpose of this? Is it activated by a button somewhere? Seems kind of like pretending to drive an ACTUAL manual transmission. :D

Thanks,
Ian R.
Its the same thing as paddle shifters in ferraris, lamborghinis, etc.... but instead of paddle shifters it actually uses the shift lever instead. Its not activated by any button, just put it in the + / - position.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies and explanation :) I managed to read up a bit more on this subject last nite, after googling CVT Manual Mode. I am SO looking forward to seeing this car in October - I believe it may very well be my next vehicle :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I heard, at least for CVT, that it's like simulated upshifts and downshifts, not actual gear changes since the CVT is continuous. It's for those that want to alleviate the drone of the CVT... Although I think the CVT delivers better power and econ if left in D... Keeps the engine in its best range of power when accelerating and gives it the best fuel economy when you're cruisin

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
I heard, at least for CVT, that it's like simulated upshifts and downshifts, not actual gear changes since the CVT is continuous. It's for those that want to alleviate the drone of the CVT... Although I think the CVT delivers better power and econ if left in D... Keeps the engine in its best range of power when accelerating and gives it the best fuel economy when you're cruisin
well in D the cvt doesn't always deliver the right power.
Problem that I find with the cvt is, when say you are drivin 55 mpu and you want to speed up, it will take longer dan manual before it get to the point where it has its full power. (depending ofcourse what kind of engine you are running)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, I'd agree, pulling from a higher speed is not too great with CVT, but I've experienced that with my mom's Murano that the CVT is quite powerful when it needs to be

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Well, I'd agree, pulling from a higher speed is not too great with CVT, but I've experienced that with my mom's Murano that the CVT is quite powerful when it needs to be
I know but that is a 3.5 v6 240 ps engine. ;) hope the cvt on the juke just does better as the old ones like the primera's

·
Registered
447 Posts
well in D the cvt doesn't always deliver the right power.
Problem that I find with the cvt is, when say you are drivin 55 mpu and you want to speed up, it will take longer dan manual before it get to the point where it has its full power. (depending ofcourse what kind of engine you are running)
This is exactly the situation in mind when using simulated gears -- the ability to downshift and raise RPM to accelerate from 55-70, for instance.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
This is exactly the situation in mind when using simulated gears -- the ability to downshift and raise RPM to accelerate from 55-70, for instance.

jep I know,

but I had a few times with the older CVT-M6 version on the primera that coming to a croner, you go to manual and up shift a gear and it shift back buy it self. This is ofcourse going on a fast one, no slow cornering.

the reason for me to go manual unless is the dubble clucth autom. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Darnit Violet, I had a really nice reply to that post...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts