Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
13,173 Posts
Not to downplay your issues but driving in itself is a life threatening situation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have same problem with Juke bought in Nov 2021. Taken back only once so far but will be upping my discussions now that I am sure that there is a definite manufacturing defect.
Will update on latest dealer response once I get it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So glad I discovered this forum as I have experienced these exact problems with my new juke purchased in December last year. However I feel as a female driver I woukd not be taken seriously and from what I have read on this forum this fault or defect is very dangerous. I too have completed and reported this on the DVLA government website to see if something can be done about this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello again. I posted an introduction a couple of hours ago, briefly describing my sister in law's new Juke which seems to have a serious 'flat spot' or 'lag' when trying to pull away. She sent this just a few moments ago.

"Took the car to Nissan on Monday, told them the problem again and was told they would book it in for yesterday (Thursday) and give me a courtesy car; they would ring to confirm. No call back and found out they never booked it in and now they won't answer my calls. (She must have called into the dealership again). They did however try to sell me an electric vehicle"

She still describes the problem as "pressing the accelerator and nothing happens".
If anyone has similar experiences or advice on what to do I'd be most grateful.
Thanks again for reading,
Del
Well, thought this problem was unique to my 21 reg Juke but obviously not. Went to my nearest dealership to sort this after only having it a month or so, so say it was a programming issue which they have tried to fix twice but to no avail. 2000 revs before it moves and then the lurching which jolts you forward, reverse is exactly the same. It seems there is an accident waiting to happen. Any further suggestions on what to do next would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Due to the lack of response and support from Nissan I am reporting the fault to The Government via the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency web site. There is a section to report Faulty vehicles Under Vehicle recalls and faults.
If we all do the same the Standards agency may be able to help as this could be a potentially life threatening defect.
Reported as suggested

·
Registered
1 Posts
We've just got one as a lease car and have exactly the same problem. Has anybody managed to get any improvements made? I've seen a software update mentioned and will be reporting it to the DVLA if we don't get anywhere with the dealer, which I presume we won't based on your experiences.

·
Registered
2 Posts
May 2021 model here, car is so dangerous to drive now the cold weather has hit. Few weeks ago, I was trying to creep into a parking space, the car lunged forward unpredictably, and I nudged the wall causing some cosmetic damaged. I have left it unrepaired at the moment, but after reading this forum I am going back to the dealer and asking them to repair the damage and look at the gear box again. I did report the problem earlier this year on its service and they said that they had done 2 software updates on the gear box, but it made no difference whatsoever.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts