Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

721 - 721 of 721 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
When people say that they don't notice a problem running lower than the recommended octane, I wonder if there really isn't a problem, or they're ignoring the signs. Probably the former--knock sensors and ignition systems have gotten much more sophisticated. A magazine should perform some testing at different octanes.
Agree! My daughter and I both own Jukes. Mine is a 2011, hers a 2016. I always always always put premium in the tank. When I first bought GudJuju, I put regular in it. For about 3 months....until one day I noticed on the tank door it said to use PREMIUM. oops. After 3 tanks, the difference in acceleration was definitely noticeable and I also got a bit better gas mileage. it only got better after that. I told my daughter about it when she bought her Juke, but she continued to use regular. She told me the salesman at the dealership said it wasn’t necessary! Then about a year and a half later.....she noticed a faltering upon acceleration. Like a slight hesitation. She had it looked over, switched to premium right after that, and hasn’t had any trouble since. I think she dodged a bullet.

721 - 721 of 721 Posts