Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently heard about the juke and went to look at it in the dealership two days ago. I'm very ingested in the sv with chrome pack awd and cvt. My question is do you think it would be a possibility to get one if I traded in my 2006 audi a6 quattro with 36k miles with everything but navi? Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am sure you can but you need to ask and talk to the dealer. Do you have a lien on the Audi???

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
tough to say without knowing your financial situation. you will need to check the value of your current car. The rules are: negotiate the final price of the new car first. then bring up the trade in; and don't trade in a car that has negative equity. otherwise the dealer can screw you, and you are screwing yourself financially.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Audi I bought out in full for close to 25k a year and half ago. Not sure what you mean by a negative equity. All I am planning to do is pretty much give them my car, and get a Juke

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
well, did you pay cash for your present car? If so, you need to calculate the depreciation and compare the present value against the value of the Juke you're interested in.

Negative equity is owing more on the car than it's worth--common scenario if you finance a new car with a small down payment.

don't just close your eyes and hand the dealer the keys. Know the numbers first so you don't get taken advantage of!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I paid 25k cash in one shot to buy the Audi. The reason I am looking at the Juke is because for a college student that commutes to school and back everyday, and to Brooklyn from NJ almost every weekend it would be more efficient in owning the Juke. Also, as the car is an 06 and I would try to sell it two years from now I would get maybe 17k for it as who would really want an 06 in 2013-14. I would also like to own a brand new car that I could have until I finish school and since Nissan doesn't have to bad of a value drop I think I could still get a good price on it when I do sell, more then I would get for the Audi. The look of the Juke and everything else also doesn't hurt me to trade my car in for it, I just love it. Thank you for all your help Violet, greatly appreciated and I hope to be getting the Juke as soon as possible.

EDIT- I also am trying to trade it in for the Juke without having to pay anything extra monthly. Also, if anyone knows will I have to pay a registration fee on the Juke if I transfer the plates? As I paid close to two grand when registering the Audi.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
it looks to me like the trade in value of your Audi runs from 20,440 to 22,000 in good condition, depending on the engine. (via Kelly Blue Book--you can run the numbers yourself). You get more for your car if you sell it yourself.

On a new car, I think you will have to pay tax, title, and license yourself,(the tax is the big hit; the registration fee is pretty minor) which will run you up to a couple thousand bucks probably. So, you might be able to get an S (bottom trim), but will have to pay the TTL out of your pocket.

If I were you, I'd either keep it, or sell it myself and get something smaller and cheaper. There are lots of cars cheaper than the Juke that are fuel efficient. You do not "need" a fancy car. You could probably save money on insurance, too.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Well, you're going to have to pay tax in any event; whether or not you can fold it in to your trade in, dunno.

Sell your car direct yourself, get cash; and buy a new car that you can afford, including the TTL, maybe. More hassle, probably, but you protect yourself this way.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes but much more hassle =/. I'd be willing to trade for an SV as I feel the ICON and sunroof are a must to have.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I'd rather have the backup camera, for safety. Pretty small windows in the back there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea but the backup camera itself isnt worth me getting the SL as I already have a third party Garmin navi, and I'm used to parallel parking for years in the Audi and before that my first car which was a 2004 Pathfinder so I can definitely manage without the backup aha even though it would be a great thing to have it definitely isn't a necessity like the ICON

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I never saw a picture or anything of a Juke without it so I am guessing that the ICON is the only way to switch between the 3 different drive modes and the climate thing? Not really sure how it looks without the ICON, but I do agree it is a gimmicky feature indeed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Maybe not...

In Colorado,you only pay tax on the difference,as you have already paid tax on the original ,(Audi)purchase.
Trade values are purely subjective, every guy you see will have a different number.The book is ONLY a guide, and a LOT more enters into it.
Being "upside down", refers to owing more money on your trade than the dealer is willing to allow for it.
ALL AWD Jukes have the Icon, not sure about 2wd, but I believe so.
Also, some states DO NOT collect tax on car sales AT ALL.
Everything differs from state to state.Some states have huge ownership/property tax.
There are no rules, you just have to go see what is available in your area, and a quick call to your local department of motor vehicles will answer many local questions.
You do not have to buy the car, when you go to the dealer,go see what they will do.If you feel pressured, or intimidated walk out - you are probably not at the place you want to honor with your business.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
That's right; I forgot about the "pay the tax on the difference" thing; but it depends on your state laws

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you so much for that manfnisaan that's what I have though about the tax also about being upside down I'm willing to trade if I don't have to owe anything more for the juke side from like some dealer fee or whatever so I'm not looking to trade my car if I still have to pay money for the juke and never heard about the icon being on all awd cars buy of it is I should be able to get the awd s and still possibly get the spiller and chrome pack

·
Registered
24 Posts
Stand Alone options

V Gold, as I understand it,the Chrome, and spoiler, are able to be ordered on any car, as "stand alone" options.This means you should not have to buy any other packages or options to get what you want.Good luck in your negotiations, just go give it a try.
They will probably want to value your trade at time of purchase, so if you order, they will appraise when your new Juke arrives.If you are fortunate enough to find what you want, you could conclude the deal imeadieatly.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Thanks, and yeah I know about them being just options. Im just saying I can get those with the S as I think I would be able to afford them without the trade-in value being more then what they are willing to give me. Hell if I don't have to pay registration fees I'll pay for them if anytihng.

EDIT- On my DMV site this is what they say about transferring registrations

"You can transfer your registration to a new vehicle and continue to use the same license plates. But the name and code on the new registration must appear exactly as it did on your old vehicle's registration. The transfer fee is $4.50 plus the prorated weight class registration fee."

Is this really what it would come down to pay when I go and register the car?

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
that's the transfer fee, but there's a separate registration fee, as well as the tax, which depending on your state, may be hefty, or may not be if they only tax the difference between the value of the new car and your trade in

1 - 20 of 43 Posts