Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, been lurking in the forums for a bit. i like the juke but its a little small inside. im currently debating between the cube and the juke. im just thinking space or speed. i hope to learn more about peoples feedback on the car as well. if i do get a juke it will be the 6spd. im not a fan of cvt. i love this forum so far

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
the Cube is going to be much easier with kids, or to get a car seat and child into and out of, and to store a stroller and all the other stuff babies need.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
look at the Rogue, then. a really nice vehicle, family friendly /cough/mommycar/cough and comes with AWD. No manual, tho. Otherwise, I'm thinking Subaru for those who need family friendly AWD

@ 2niner: To clarify: when you said you were "soon to be a family man" I assumed you meant you were expecting a baby soon.

I honestly do not think the Juke is that great for babies. You could do it, but I wouldn't recommend it as your primary baby-toting vehicle, because the back doors are very narrow (keeping in mind I've not seen the car in person). Older kids would do okay in it probably, tho they might have a problem with the "hidden" back door handles

·
Registered
447 Posts
The Juke isn't for Suburbanites/Families/etc, its more of an urban single-20s-male-with-maybe-a-live-in-girlfriend car

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
or, a long-single 50ish grandmother of 8!

with a cat.

:p

so, regardless of whether you fit the b.s. (imo) target young hip urban male, thingy, you have to decide for yourself if it will fit your lifestyle.

·
Registered
122 Posts
or, a long-single 50ish grandmother of 8!

with a cat.

:p

so, regardless of whether you fit the b.s. (imo) target young hip urban male, thingy, you have to decide for yourself if it will fit your lifestyle.
Or a long-single 60-ish gentleman with a comb-over and a cat too!
Juke is for single people mostly who need a fun small urban do everything car.

·
Registered
123 Posts
!
I disagree with the single thing, there's two of us and a dog and we're looking for a second car, something bigger than we currently drive (which isn't hard as we drive a smart) It does have 4 seats after all. Single people cars tend to be the 2-seater types and even that statement is overly stereotypical. My sister (married mother of two) only just recently sold her Boxster.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
hmm. I don't think 2-seaters are practical at all for single people; only for couples or families with more than one car. what if you have to take your animal to the vet? or pick up a young family member or something?

I think the Juke can be good for a variety of circumstances; but I still don't think it's a very practical car for people with babies.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Or a long-single 60-ish gentleman with a comb-over and a cat too!
Yep! I knew a chap once who was so follically challenged, he parted his hair under his armpit!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
That's kinda my point, cars don't really fall into single/couple/family niches that easily, there's always someone out there who loves what a particular car has to offer irrespective of what they are supposedly aimed at. Have you seen that commercial with the minivan and the two guys with the mountain bikes and they talk about the soccer mom van and what not. I'm sure there's a Lamborghini out there somewhere with a baby seat in it. Cars are often bought with the heart not with the head.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What about this car but for a single baby / child? That way you can fold down the smaller seat to store stroller and the back area for baby bag and stuff? Just wondering as it's hard to tell from the pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
the problem is getting the baby into the car seat. You have to lift the baby into the car, lean into the back seat, fiddle with the straps . . . it's a very narrow opening to do that.

Older kids who can scramble into the seat themselves should be fine, although they may not be able to open the door from the outside themselves if they're not tall enough to reach the funky rear door handles.

Re: the two-seaters: You cannot legally put a child in a front seat in my location due to safety regulations. Children under 60 lbs or something must be in a back seat in a car seat or booster seat. Your laws may vary.

I see too many people buying ridiculous cars for their situation "with their hearts." Use your head!

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I am a grandpa who 85-90% of the time is driving alone. I drive a Charger RT now and hardly ever use all of the space. My trunk is practically empty and so is my back seat. I sometimes will have the baby seat in the back, but I think the Juke can handle that and the occasional golf or bowling bag. I can't wait to see one of these things. I had a mitsubishi eclipse with a turbo several years ago and miss it terribly. This HEMI is pretty bad on gas and I don't need all this extra real estate it provides inside.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I am in a similar situation. I think it's the perfect size for me.

I rarely have passengers, but I do sometimes have some of my grandkids in there.

For occasional use, fine. I think a young family with a baby would not want this for their main transport. You could do it, but I think it would grow tiresome quickly.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am in a similar situation. I think it's the perfect size for me.

I rarely have passengers, but I do sometimes have some of my grandkids in there.

For occasional use, fine. I think a young family with a baby would not want this for their main transport. You could do it, but I think it would grow tiresome quickly.
I guess it all depends on what you're used to, millions of families all over the world use cars smaller than the juke as their main mode of transport with baby seats

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
sure, but sometimes people don't have a choice--they are unprepared for a family, cannot afford another car, or buy with their hearts, not their heads. I maintain that as a first choice for a baby, it's not the best choice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The backseat is really small, I actually felt a little cramped in the juke, thus I am having 2nd thoughts about the juke, I test drove it and I like the car but it still up in the air.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts