Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son has a 2012 Juke and I recently noticed that when he accelerates, there is a very loud popping noise from what I can tell coming from the rear of the car. Once he reaches about 30mph, the noise stops and if he accelerates very soft, the popping noise is not near as bad. Any ideas on what can be wrong? Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You didn’t mention if it was a FWD or an AWD version so I will assume FWD.

I would check the motor mounts and then the exhaust mounts.

If an AWD, then I would check the carrier bearings and the universe joints.

Hope this helps...
Sorry, it is AWD.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Does it only happen while accelerating? Not coasting?

That would point towards something more like the rear differential or the driveshaft I would think. If it always does it probably more likely a bearing or something.

Can always pop under there and make sure everything looks OK too. Just get under there and give it all a wiggle.

Make sure your rear differential isn't leaking. It shouldn't have any oil on it. It has a fill bolt and a drain bolt right above and below each other, those can seep, as can a bad casing seal, or axle seal.

Also, make absolutely sure the wheel lug nuts are tight. Probably not it but a wheel flying off is bad news for everyone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does it only happen while accelerating? Not coasting?

That would point towards something more like the rear differential or the driveshaft I would think. If it always does it probably more likely a bearing or something.

Can always pop under there and make sure everything looks OK too. Just get under there and give it all a wiggle.

Make sure your rear differential isn't leaking. It shouldn't have any oil on it. It has a fill bolt and a drain bolt right above and below each other, those can seep, as can a bad casing seal, or axle seal.

Also, make absolutely sure the wheel lug nuts are tight. Probably not it but a wheel flying off is bad news for everyone.
Yes, only happens while accelerating but stops after speeds around 30 mph. He still accelerates after that speed but the noise goes away

·
Super Moderator
11,574 Posts
No vibrations ?

Youtube a video ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My son has a 2012 Juke and I recently noticed that when he accelerates, there is a very loud popping noise from what I can tell coming from the rear of the car. Once he reaches about 30mph, the noise stops and if he accelerates very soft, the popping noise is not near as bad. Any ideas on what can be wrong? Thanks
Well apparently he has a switch in the car that goes from 2wd to AWD. When I engaged the 2wd the popping noise stopped.

·
Super Moderator
11,574 Posts
Rear drive line is in question. So is something wrong with the rea differential or rear magnetic clutches.

Try the vectoring option. AWD-V mode. Just curious.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts