Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2012 Nissan Juke SL AWD, Full FR Exhaust, FR SRI, FR FMIC, FR CVT Cooler
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed polyurethane sway bar bushings on their Juke before? And how has it effected the handling and ride quality? I see that Powerflex makes some for the front, but haven't found any for the rear, anyone know where I would find some?

· Vendor
1,273 Posts
They do not make any bushings for the rears. They don't offer any bushings at all for the back half of the car, awd or fwd.

As for ride; you just get a more consistent sway bar. Not much different than installing new OEM bushings. Just harder.

· Administrator
13,290 Posts
They wont do much. Just a nicety. I dont think anyone here can track the car. Install new harder bushings along with adjustable endlinks and run the same track and get a lower ET.

@pboglio might have a source obviously not Powerflex.

· Registered
2,389 Posts
Siberian Bushing have all the bushings (front & rear) plus the subframe as well and some other suspension stuff. Site seems to be down but I ordered all my stuff from there (except the rear bushings) under the Juke/Rogue category.

www.siberianbushing.com

No opinion on results on the vehicle. But I do have all (3) front sway bar bushings here (OEM, Powerflex street, Siberian Bushing). The OEM have the least flex/squish if any by a large margin so I personally bought new OEM bushings ($7.55 ea.) and brackets/bolts for the front sway bar. The rears I haven't seen them so no idea but if they are like the fronts then the OEM bushings are the upgrade.....lol. I do like the Siberian Bushing subframe mounts and the durometer seems pretty high so I'll be testing that out once the vehicle is road worthy.

I would look into to Whiteline adjustable front sway bar endlinks......mega rigid and adjustable but again ask around for results on those. Mac has a source for the rear end links and I'm going that route as well.

Differences between them. OEM is thin/hard rubber w/rigid insert base, Siberian is hard duro but single piece, Powerflex street is single piece but squishy but they have a Race version which is harder.

Plastic bag Packaging and labeling Plastic Plastic wrap Packing materials

· Registered
32 Posts
I have Siberian sway bar bushing for front and rear. I used the rear along with the Stillen sway bar. Since I installed them together, I can't comment any difference the bushing specifically makes. Only that the install is straight forward, and bushing itself is stiffer then the OEM rubber. You have to slice the bushing open yourself.

For the front, I actually prefer the OEM because it comprised of the rubber top + hard plastic bottom. The Siberian bushing is made entirely in polyurethane. So, as a whole unit, I thought the OEM would be less squishy along the vertical axis. Not scientific, just my impression. I left it installed because the install was a hassle. Didn't remove anything else other than the bracket bolts, but the clearance was tight reaching them from underneath the car. Plus, I think the rear is more important in terms of body roll.

· Registered
2,389 Posts
I have Siberian sway bar bushing for front and rear. I used the rear along with the Stillen sway bar. Since I installed them together, I can't comment any difference the bushing specifically makes. Only that the install is straight forward, and bushing itself is stiffer then the OEM rubber. You have to slice the bushing open yourself.

For the front, I actually prefer the OEM because it comprised of the rubber top + hard plastic bottom. The Siberian bushing is made entirely in polyurethane. So, as a whole unit, I thought the OEM would be less squishy along the vertical axis. Not scientific, just my impression. I left it installed because the install was a hassle. Didn't remove anything else other than the bracket bolts, but the clearance was tight reaching them from underneath the car. Plus, I think the rear is more important in terms of body roll.
Good feedback. Glad the rears are an improvement, wasn't sure but glad you confirmed it. The website is back up. I'll have to order them and the Stillen sway bar when I get the chance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts