• Nissa Juke S 2012 with 137K Kms

Votes: 2 66.7%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I created a discussion regarding the 2 Jukes I had an option of buying. The 2012 Nissan Juke S with 137K Kms won (85K Miles). But everyone kept mentioning it was too much mileage and CVT wasn't reliable.

Now I have a 2013 Subaru Outback with 180K Kms (112K miles) 2.6L at the same price as the Juke S. I know it is more mileage, but according to my web search, it could be more reliable.

Which one would you choose? Neither of them has been in accidents.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Check consumer reports on used cars. That will give you a good idea about reliability and resale value. The rate various categories of the car in terms of reliability. A really great unbiased resource, but you have to pay to access the info. Worth it if you are making a purchase this large and want the more reliable option.

I would avoid a juke with AWD if you do not plan to work on it to keep it happy.

·
Registered
832 Posts
You'll be a little 'meh' with the Subaru as it's 2.6 only has 173hp in a much heavier car, if they had the 3.6r that'd be for me... either way you are WAY up there in mileage both cars. The Outback has WAY more room than the Juke for sure and they are really nice cars (known a few people that have/had them). I'm not a 'station wagon' looking vehicle fan but that's me. The Outback has been around for like, ever, and it's still being sold/made for North America - I think if you read this properly you would see my vote ;)

Reactions: Gaby

·
Super Moderator
1,928 Posts
I'm not a 'station wagon' looking vehicle fan but that's me.
Off Topic: you know, some insurance companies classify the Juke as a station wagon...

OP, subies are known to last (depending how you drive and your climate). Jukes, not so much. however, they all have their own quirks. Subies have had engine issues in the past and their reliability became questionable at a point, but typically the body will rot away before the car will die. Juke on the other hand will handle and perform much different because it's a shorter wheelbase, 400-800lbs lighter, and has a slightly more powerful engine.

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo
70 Posts
I've always called subies "milkshake machines" on account of there tendency to blow head gaskets.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
My brother was a Subaru man and still has one. One issue they tend to have is oil consumption, particularly as they get older. IF you stay on top of that, they are pretty durable and should last a long time. If you are one of those people who does not open the hood between service intervals, or worse postpones service intervals, it is not ideal for you. What do you know about the maintenance done by the previous owner?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts