Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks...but no thanks...

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I think it's more than just a decision like 'fine, ok, we will sell in the US.' They would have to have it crash rated and tested, make modifications to make it road legal in the US and then there is production planning and capacity, distribution planning, and probably 50 other things I/we can't even fathom as a consumer. Oh, and it also has to be able to make money for the shareholders.

Good luck with the effort though!

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
Compressed that down to the key takeaways lol

For me, I'm just not crazy about Nissan's lack of innovation and/or fresh style as of late. I hope to keep my Juke running for a long time but there are better contenders for Juke-like specs in the US in my opinion. Plus the 2020 doesn't look bad but it does lose most of the defining visual traits (like the gator lights) which kills it for me.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but...it has to be able to make money for the shareholders!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
2020 juke also loses the turbo, and in us it will most likely lose manual transmission

Reactions: JuklearWinter

·
Registered
661 Posts
I'm pretty outspoken on my disappointment with the 2020 refresh. They can keep it. I see no need to bring it to the US. To me the 2020 is not a Juke anymore. It's lost 90% of everything that made the Juke what it is. And that 90% is the important stuff that matters. It's lost it's unique look, it's lost it's unique drive style. It's lost it's innovation. The 2020 refresh is a massive missed opportunity to recapture what the Juke was when it fist appeared. Which was a trailblazer in it's category. It almost invented the sub compact suv class, and did so with notoriety. Other makers jumped on the band wagon, but toned down the appearance to be more sorority friendly. They reproduced it's size, but rarely matched it's performance since. As good as the Juke was, it was still far from perfect. The refresh could have gone the direction of making those improvements. Instead the 2020 didn't attempt to compete or pave new paths with the CUV market as much as it tried to blend in. An obvious Hail Mary maneuver from an auto maker that is in it's worse shape than it's been in decades. A desperate attempt to stay in the game at all. Hold onto and cherish your Jukes while you can. RIP Juke.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Saw the YouTube video on the 2020 Juke. I still like it better than any of other competitors in the US in it’s field.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Saw the YouTube video on the 2020 Juke. I still like it better than any of other competitors in the US in it’s field.
Look into the Hyundai Kona (1.6 Turbo Limited or Ultimate models). Closest thing to the Juke that the US offers. It's winning awards left and right. In my opinion, it's the only true successor to the Juke. Far more than the 2020 Juke or Kicks. At least until Toyota gets those Subaru techs brought in to give the CH-R All Wheel Drive and shove a turbo under it's hood.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
When Nissan introduced the Kicks and committed to have the Rogue Sport/Qashqai in their lineup there is no room for the Juke any more especially since Kicks is selling okay.

The Kia Soul I've personally never been a fan of the design not to mention the design itself is starting to show its age. I like the design of the Hyundai Kona but to get into a turbo you have to step up to a higher model with AWD the base engine in the Kona is nothing special. What I liked about the Juke was that it came with the same engine across the board for any model. All I wanted was a base model FWD and to have that come with the same engine as a Nismo Juke was what sold me on it.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Agreed @kev604 , I always tell my wife, if/when the Juke dies I like the look of the CH-R but meh, the Kona would be my next as they are bringing the Kona N with a 2l and like 275hp (same engine in the bigger SUVs)? Come on! Game changer! For me, still love Jukers but will most likely get a stinger or some crap (lol) when I have to get rid of my work van...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts