Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I own a 2011 SL manual. Like an idiot, I tried upgrading my radio and unhooked the passenger air bag connector. Now that it’s reconnected I have a blinking light. I’ve tried every YouTube video available and every technique and it’s still flashing. Any ideas?? Thanks.

·
Registered
313 Posts
First off, put something heavy, about 30 or 40 lbs in the passenger seat, and that orange light in the center is supposed to come on to tell you that the passenger airbag is not active. If you don't see that light come on double check that it is plugged in properly and that the bulb is still good. If that light doesn't work, the airbag module thinks there's a problem.

I also had to figure out how to reset the airbag module when I took the doors off my Juke.

To reset the airbag module (on push button start)
with your foot off of the brake push the start button twice to go into accessory mode
The airbag indicator should come on solid for several seconds before it starts to blink again
You want to turn the car back off as soon as you see the airbag light go out for the first time

You need to repeat that process about 5 or 6 times to reset the airbags. It's totally bizarre, but that's the only way I've heard it done

also for funzies here's the time I took the doors off my Juke and also had to figure this out

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey!! Thanks man. That worked. I freaking tried everything lol. I like the stinger look in yours. Mine is just a simple silver. I’m worried because I’ve got a little over 130k mikes on it. I’m wondering how long these engines will last lol.

·
Administrator
11,782 Posts
Hey!! Thanks man. That worked. I freaking tried everything lol. I like the stinger look in yours. Mine is just a simple silver. I’m worried because I’ve got a little over 130k mikes on it. I’m wondering how long these engines will last lol.
Quite a while if you use a full synthetic and change the CVT fluid often other drive train fluid plus the brake fluid and radiator fluid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts