Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me people, will most of you trade your existing vehicle to buy a Juke, or is the new car in addition to your "fleet".

If a trade, was the dealer offer acceptable?

May seem a silly question but I would want to trade my RAV4, when the time comes! :confused:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Never ever trade in a car at a dealership. I have never seen a dealer offer fair market price on a car. The best way is to sell your car yourself and purchase the Juke. I've personally seen a dealership buy a car as a trade in for $500 and then was able to sell it the very next day for $3500 without doing anything except washing the car. My cousin is in the same boat as you. He currently drives a 1995 Rav4 and he is thinking of picking up the Juke when it arrives here in Canada. I gave him the same advice that I just gave you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Never ever trade in a car at a dealership. I have never seen a dealer offer fair market price on a car. The best way is to sell your car yourself and purchase the Juke. I've personally seen a dealership buy a car as a trade in for $500 and then was able to sell it the very next day for $3500 without doing anything except washing the car. My cousin is in the same boat as you. He currently drives a 1995 Rav4 and he is thinking of picking up the Juke when it arrives here in Canada. I gave him the same advice that I just gave you.
Thats not always true...depends on the dealer. I've had good experiences with a dealer I have traded with a couple times so we had a good working relationship. You always have wiggle room with a trade. You can get them to give you more if they want the sale. There are possible hassles with selling it yourself that not everyone wants to deal with. Dealers take anything where as if you get a pain in the *** buyer ..it's you who has to deal with the person if he/she calls the next day and says something isn't working etc..even if you say "as is" they don't always get that. Like I said it depends on the dealer and also you need to do your research before a trade not just walk up and take their word for what it's worth.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thats not always true...depends on the dealer. I've had good experiences with a dealer I have traded with a couple times so we had a good working relationship. You always have wiggle room with a trade. You can get them to give you more if they want the sale. There are possible hassles with selling it yourself that not everyone wants to deal with. Dealers take anything where as if you get a pain in the *** buyer ..it's you who has to deal with the person if he/she calls the next day and says something isn't working etc..even if you say "as is" they don't always get that. Like I said it depends on the dealer and also you need to do your research before a trade not just walk up and take their word for what it's worth.
Been there, done that. I do my research on car prices before I think about trading a car in or just selling. On numerous occasion I have tried trading a car in and selling it privately to see which would be priced better. 100% of the time I was able to sell it for more than what the dealer offered even after haggling. This was not just on my cars but also a few relatives and friends that I helped with buying a new car. I also have friends working as car salesmen at dealerships. They tell me stories and laugh at the amount they pay on the trade ins. One of them was even able to grab a 2005 3 series BMW that was worth $15000 used for only $5000. Just because the person that traded it in agreed to trade it in for $4000.

You're right about the as is clause though and people that buy used cars. That's one of the only drawbacks. Which is why I make them sign a receipt/contract stating that they have inspected the car and are satisfied with its condition. However as far as trading the car in. You might get a price that is acceptable to you but that doesn't always mean that its the right amount you should've gotten for the car. Its just a matter of how much time and effort you want to put into selling the car. The lesser the time and effort the more likely it is for you to accept the dealer offer.

·
Registered
128 Posts
We sold (best price by our-self than with our nissan dealer) our QQ (Rogue) in June (in a week !!), before holidays.
Now we have only a Nissan Micra and my Matra Murena, so i am obliged to drive one of my office car before i have my Juke.

·
Registered
73 Posts
We sold (best price by our-self than with our nissan dealer) our QQ (Rogue) in June (in a week !!), before holidays.
Now we have only a Nissan Micra and my Matra Murena, so i am obliged to drive one of my office car before i have my Juke.
Good job! I'm with Juke-guy on this. I just cant convince myself to trade in a car at the dealership. I have witnessed them routinely ripping people off. Although there are nice car salesmen, the price for the trade in is usually handled by a manager and not the actual salesperson you are talking to. Which is why they always price it so low.

·
Registered
21 Posts
eh...I'm just going to trade mine in...not worth the hassle of selling on my own..not that hard up for cash to have to do it plus hate dealing with people on sales...they always come back to bite you in the butt about this and that where I've never had a dealer care about every detail. Not to mention I only have one car so a pain to sell and buy at the same time. If cash is an issue then yes sell it yourself otherwise if you like stress free just trade it in.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Bring the Kelly Blue Book pricing with you and if they offer under blue book for private sell, then don't do it.

As for me, I was leasing my 350z, so when i turn it in on 10/10, i wont have to worry about collecting ANY value from it... yay spending money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts