21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,961 Posts
Oh gotcha. That should be good then.

·
Super Moderator
1,860 Posts
I don't know how NATS (Nissan anti-theft system) works, but I'm pretty sure the ECU needs to be installed in the car and talking to the BCM so the two can be married together otherwise the ECU won't start the engine due to the security system. This is why you can't just drop a junkyard Juke ECU in.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I don't know how NATS (Nissan anti-theft system) works, but I'm pretty sure the ECU needs to be installed in the car and talking to the BCM so the two can be married together otherwise the ECU won't start the engine due to the security system. This is why you can't just drop a junkyard Juke ECU in.
They they advertise the pcm as being programed for you vin # . Anyway I look at it i need a new pcm . If it has to go to the dealer to get set up also then so be it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So after a month of waiting on a job that was supposed to be a five day turn around . Fs1 sent my payment back with no explanation. I'm guessing they couldn't fix it . Now what?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Does anyone know if I can buy a new pcm and bring just the pcm to a dealer to be reprogrammed?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Noone could fix the ecm . It was nearly impossible to find a used one with the correct part number . After 2 days of searching I found a new one at nissan parts deal for a little over 1100$ . The local dealers where quoting 1400-1600

·
Super Moderator
10,961 Posts
Oh wow. Hope it works.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts