Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished a downpipe install, went to start the car and it just stumbles. Will run for a couple of seconds but very rough . Almost sounds like it out of time. Also got a fault code p0603.

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
You can start the car and run it without a tune after a downpipe. It won't run great, but it shouldn't throw a P0603. You'll get a couple AFR/O2 sensor related codes unless you put the sensor spacer in.

A P0603 is a "KAM" or Keep Alive Memory validation error. Something is causing your ECU to lose its mind and fail internal validation on startup.

Check all of your sensor connections. Check the O2 sensors and make sure they aren't shorted. Check for any pinched, cut, or damaged wires in the harness. Make sure you've got a good battery and throw it on a battery tender temporarily.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I'm pretty sure you need a tune if you installed an aftermarket downpipe.
you can run indefinitely on an aftermarket downpipe with no tune. I tested that by having full bolt ons my first juke for 2 years on the stock tune. no issues at all. Then i tested a vf48 turbo on the car for a full year on the stock tune with no issues at all either.

As for the code: Check all grounds are connected, especially the ground from the ECU to the radiator support, it is a metal strap similar to what is on the timing chain side of the engine. These brake often. Then check the battery terminal connection, if the power or ground is making enough contact to just tell the ECU it has power but wiggles around it can cause voltage fluctuations. Check your oxygen sensor wiring, if it has been tugged on the wiring could be shorting out. You can start the car with the sensor unplugged, doing this will tell you if its sensor/sensor-wiring related. After 30-60 seconds the car will run like crap without the sensor, but it will idle fine for that period of time. Otherwise: bring it somewhere to be properly diagnosed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure enough the ground was broken. Replaced it with some 10ga primary wire . Will charge the battery overnight and see if thats what it was tomorrow

·
Registered
806 Posts
My $0.02 is that when you did the downpipe your either bent/broke/cracked something or forgot to connect a sensor. A 0603 code is messed. Should have nothing to do with the DP (per se) I think it was all in the timing. Had you not replaced the DP probably would have thrown the code but now something you did made it apparent.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been over every inch of the engine compartment . Can find no obvious broken wires, disconnected plugs etc. Its turns over very slowly and will occasionally sputter. Found a company that repairs pcms for 100$ . Thinking about sending them mine .

·
Super Moderator
10,961 Posts
Charge the battery ?

Disconnect the battery, press the brake pedal and let is sit for an hour.

·
Super Moderator
10,961 Posts
Gotcha.

Let us know.

I hope nothing got fried.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got a call from the company I sent the pcm to today . They said the main Processor is shot and unrepairable

·
Super Moderator
10,961 Posts
Oh well that is good news. You can get a used PCM and have it flashed to your Juke.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Definitely feels better knowing what the problem is. Any idea where I can get a pcm programed?

·
Super Moderator
10,961 Posts
The Dealer is the only one I believe.

·
Super Moderator
10,961 Posts
I think they need to be programmed to each Juke. In other words. If you have two identical jukes. You cannot just swap PCMs and drive away.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The companies that I talking to say they program the pcm to your vin # . Not expecting to talk to a human about it till monday.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts