Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after I finished installing engine etc. On first start I had codes p0087 and p0090.

From what I've seen (87) in tank pump (90) high pressure pump.

I'm curious how they would both go bad from sitting. I replaced the in tank pump thinking it was the issue to both codes and now no current (87) but still have p0090. Is there a way for me to specifically test the high pressure pump itself? I checked fuses multiple times and no issues there. But maybe I'm skipping something.

·
Administrator
12,147 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me and Lars normally talk daily he has helped me a ton. I'm still having issues hopefully someone had experience. Now I put a good in tank pump and 0087 went off and 0090 stayed but now they switch back and forth and not sure if it's because the high pressure pump is bad or what.

·
Administrator
12,147 Posts
Could it be that you have to do things in order like back in the day when installing a printer on your PC ?

P/M Cypherman here in the forums. He had a fuel pump issue and corrected it. Forget his code. I will Facebook him to see this thread too.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
So I had an issue awhile back shortly after my 100 octane tune. My AFRs were all over the place and I was throwing a code. I forget the exact one but it was one that could be multiple issues fuel related.

The fuel pump was already taken out once and everything was checked and it was working as well as the high pressure in the engine bay. You should be able to even hear them start if you run just the electrical. I fixed my issue by buying a new locking plate and o-ring for the fuel pump under the rear seats. The smallest amount of dirt on the ring was enough to throw a code. After replacement I have been running good since then. This may not solve your issue but that's what happened to me so who knows. Throwing codes for a fuel issue is a pain with figuring out the cause since it could be something simple as a gas cap..lol!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
see what a pain.. when i changed the pump i cleaned off the o ring surface and o ring so hopefully thats not the issue now. my main code is for the high pressure pump. I hear it running but have no idea how to test. at idle i am around 70psi(intank pump pressure) according to cipher/ but dont have anyone else that can check idle pressure to confirm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts