Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

Would you buy the 2012 with less miles or 2011 better equipped and no smell?

• 2011 - Great interior 128K miles

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 2012 - Smoke smell, less equipped inside 86K miles

Votes: 5 83.3%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I have the option to buy 2 Jukes, one is 2012 with 86K miles (smoke smell) and it is $1700 over in price to the 2011 with 128K miles but better equipped inside and no smell.

I think I actually prefer the 2011 model as it does not smell and the interior is better equipped, but the 128K miles make me a little hesitant. Right now it runs well, great condition. But, does it have any many more miles left?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Is it a CVT tranmission or a manual?

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
KM or miles? What models, specifically?

·
Registered
832 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
You can get on Amazon and buy an ozone generator for about $75 bucks. I use this for detailing on very regular basis. You can run it with the recirc on for 45 min or so, and run it again with the car off the same amount of time. Crack a window just a tiny bit to allow a little air inside the car to be converted to O3. Lots of YouTube videos on this process.

It should completely solve the smoke smell, and make the newer lower mileage option far more attractive. It's one of my favorite tools I'm my trade and they work very well as long as they're used correctly.

Reactions: Gaby

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can get on Amazon and buy an ozone generator for about $75 bucks. I use this for detailing on very regular basis. You can run it with the recirc on for 45 min or so, and run it again with the car off the same amount of time. Crack a window just a tiny bit to allow a little air inside the car to be converted to O3. Lots of YouTube videos on this process.

It should completely solve the smoke smell, and make the newer lower mileage option far more attractive. It's one of my favorite tools I'm my trade and they work very well as long as they're used correctly.
Thank you so much for this advice!

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
I would not by a CVT Juke of that age/miles. They just don't have great long-term reliability and those miles are up there.

There's a big difference in mileage between the two. If I had to pick, it would certainly be the lower mileage one and I would get on the regular CVT fluid changes right away (not cheap!).

·
Registered
603 Posts
Agreed on the CVT. If it were a Toyota or Honda, much better made vehicles with a way better CVT transmission that easily will last over 100k without breaking a sweat i'd say go for it but on a Nissan....... probably best to stay away if I'm honest

·
Registered
69 Posts
Go for the more comprehensive service history. You need an appointment with a good mechanic with a high end scan tool. And I don't mean one that looks like a cell.

They'll plug it in, pull up all kinds of data on the mechanicals. Do this before you buy. Plus you don't want an accident car. Todays cars have so many microprocessors connected to the ECU if one is pinched - it'll throw everything off balance.

I'd go for the manual. Even if it means lessons with sister Sue.

A replacement CVT for jukebox including labour & taxes ~ballpark $6K CDN. CVT repair is often unsatisfactory. Replacement is the way to go. But at that cost is it worth it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone
I have the option to buy 2 Jukes, one is 2012 with 86K miles (smoke smell) and it is $1700 over in price to the 2011 with 128K miles but better equipped inside and no smell.

I think I actually prefer the 2011 model as it does not smell and the interior is better equipped, but the 128K miles make me a little hesitant. Right now it runs well, great condition. But, does it have any many more miles left?
I have a 2011 Juke SL with more miles than that and I have had to put a great deal of money in the car. I would go with the 2012 and have it detailed.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have a 2013 with 130,000 miles. Zero issue with it but I am the original owner and its been well maintained. Look for a one owner car with an owner who can provide maintenance history. Carfax report helps but not nearly as accurate as the owners original receipts. Verify that the timing chain recall has been performed. My Juke is a manual transmission which are extremely reliable. The CVT's are ok if the owner has maintained them. Trouble is, most owners never change the fluid or do so way too late.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts