Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wow, you got them free. The other day surprisingly I got a set cheaply at my dealer. I heard they are or will be hard to come by. I checked with a car parts place and nothing for the Juke. Since they were cheap at the dealer I got them and store in the car.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wow, you got them free. The other day surprisingly I got a set cheaply at my dealer. I heard they are or will be hard to come by. I checked with a car parts place and nothing for the Juke. Since they were cheap at the dealer I got them and store in the car.
I use oreilly auto parts here locally and they were the bosch something or another and for all three were about $50 bucks, not bad at all and have used them in new mexicos strange weather for 2 years.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Absolutely a steal you got Bosch! I didn't! You would think a dealer would be using name brand stuff. I didn't look at my new blades closely but the glimpse told me the rubber looked narrower. I am not complaining because they were a cheap price, a fraction for the Bosch and this dealer gave me a deal on my recent cvt flush.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I have 250,000 kms on my car that is a 2011 AWD and I've had no major issues except my wipers are acting a bit wonky lately. I had all my maintenance done at the dealership until my warranty ran out and now I have my own personal repairman who fixes everything for me.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You help bring confidence at a time most needed--the end of Juke in most countries and concerns raised about the transmission (rightly or wrongly) among other things. I cannot understand why Nissan abandoned Juke, not recently but years ago, despite its great sales.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like it!! You got me there, bro. But maybe I gotcha on this: 9yr Juke parked continuously outdoors with still the original wiper blades! Go figure. :D
talking bout wiper blades...:ROFLMAO:
i'm from malaysia & i've got my juke during june 2019, local nissan dealer dint bring in juke for d market,
so all d jukes here are recon-unit from japan. my juke born on 2011 at japan, being sold to malaysia on 2014,
& i bought it over at 2019, notice that the valeo blades on the car looks different with what we can get here & the metal part looks aged, suspecting they're still the ori japan set of blades...n surprisingly they still performing with only 2-3 streak lines. kinda impressed by it:ROFLMAO: never had any wiper can last that long period due to the hot weather here.

anyway back to the topic,
got my 2wd mr16ddt cvt juke with 33k+ km mileage, (figure might be adjusted by used dealer) used unit but considering as well maintained unit on overall. its been with me for half year now & 42k+ km mileage.
what i've done so far other than regular engine oil change:
  • drain out all kinds of oils & fluids & ac filter & replaced with new
  • change stock air filter to K&N drop in
  • paint surface fine detailing & polish
  • a pair of piaa wiper
  • ac pressure switch sensor faulty replaced with new
  • both front & rear brake pads
  • throw away 4 touring tyres by ex owner & replace with uhp tyres
  • driveshaft boots tear & replaced
  • new battery
  • realize there's whining sounds but not sure it is due to overfilled cvt fluid or dirty cvt filter, thus drain everything again & changed all the filters & solved the problem.
  • just found out front right absorber mounting bearing is making some tiny noise & yet to replace.
this is my 4th nissan, so far all the problems are quite minor for me & acceptable since it is used car & considering as "old"with 9 years. most of it are wear & tear and maintenance routine; & i'm the kind of car owner that will over react n easily alleged by even tiny symptoms.:ROFLMAO:

if there's anything to complaint;
  • the driver seat is so 'fragile'! even mine are fabric seats they already worn out with creases on tight support area!!!
  • bad fuel consumption for daily city drive, i can only reach 8-9km/per litre, & feeding ron 97 since the 1st day with me
  • its quite weird for a japan brand car & jdm car to have large J hook wiper:ROFLMAO: typically they're equipped with small j.
$$ wise compare to other car...
base on my experience so far i think its about the same as maintaining a usual nissan sedan here. most of the parts share with b17 sylphy & j32 teana and n17 almera
only some of it without crossing local nissan model and expecting the price will be expensive due to juke is not bringing in officially by local nissan dealer & not common.

if i must say a different....
probably for those with detailing hobby. juke is my 1st crossover, previously all sedans,
can obviously feels that it takes more time to bath and wax the frog, and those sealant & waxes using almost double the dose of a sedan 😅

21 - 27 of 27 Posts