Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On June 8, I ordered the Bilstein B14 coilover kit from TH Motorsports. They informed me that the order was fulfilled by the Manufacturer, and there may be a delay. I wasn't in a hurry, so I decided to wait. I waited a month, and they said they contacted the manufacturer and August 29th was the anticipated ship date. I checked in a few days ago, and they said now October 28th.

They are offering me a refund if I cancel, and at this stage I am wondering if it would ever come through. Also, if it ships at the end of October from Germany, it will be mid-November before I would get to install. Suspension work isn't fun in an unheated garage in cold weather, when bushings get less pliable.

Any thoughts on what I should do? My rear shocks seem to be on their way out and I want to also front control arms, that are showing some small cracks in the bushings. Don't want to go too stiff or too low, due to crappy NYC streets.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Get refund and order some silvers neomax or bc br coilovers and they should be at front door from 1-2 weeks

·
Registered
265 Posts
Request a refund asap and get BC Racing...

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do they make versions with long-travel shock bodies? With the crap roads, I really do not want to sacrifice suspension travel.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I don’t think so... I have BCracing coilovers and just had one of my rear shocks go out recently. Ordered 8/7 and the part was on back order. They got them around 8/30 but hurricane delayed my shipping till yesterday. So I still don’t have it yet. Also considered silvers seeing as they should be more custom and this was going to take forever riding on a leaking damper!! Just wasn’t sure I wanted extra cost to replace two instead of just one.

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
@Jaxxa might have some insight on the travel of the Silvers.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I ordered my Silver's kit with the tallest shock bodies they could put on a kit and it was 147mm of travel for the front struts and 150mm of travel for the rear. That's about 6 inches of suspension travel which is plenty for a small SUV like the Juke.

If you know exactly what you want, they can configure your kit and ship it to your door in about 10 business days.

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
I ordered my Silver's kit with the tallest shock bodies they could put on a kit and it was 147mm of travel for the front struts and 150mm of travel for the rear. That's about 6 inches of suspension travel which is plenty for a small SUV like the Juke.

If you know exactly what you want, they can configure your kit and ship it to your door in about 10 business days.
Good stuff. You cant get this from BC or others I bet ?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Good stuff. You cant get this from BC or others I bet ?
For a company that plasters "custom coilovers" on all their merchandise they were pretty against any suggestion I threw at them. So if you want something specific and you don't want to waste your time calling 3 technicians and 2 support people at BC racing, you could just call one guy at Silver's and most likely have a set of coilovers within two weeks.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll take another look at Silvers. Everything I had seen was that "shock on a stick" design that doesn't allow for a very long body. Combined with the the gas reservoir at the bottom of monotubes and a decent sized piston, that typically doesn't allow for much travel.

I also reached out to Lars, who is using KW (doesn't make kits specifically for the Juke). He is using a setup originally intended for another vehicle (not sure which one).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just leaving my non-scientific 2 cents on Silvers. Placed my order on a Thursday in early July and had them buy the end of the month. After nearly 6 weeks of daily driving, I couldn't be happier.

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
Just leaving my non-scientific 2 cents on Silvers. Placed my order on a Thursday in early July and had them buy the end of the month. After nearly 6 weeks of daily driving, I couldn't be happier.
You know someone has RS brakes for sale here.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, Lars adapted coilovers for an Evo... will look into that further.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You know someone has RS brakes for sale here.
I actually bought a set from the Modified Jukes FB group... I am shopping around for a combo of rotors and pads as I type this, lol!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
370z base calipers with ebc yellow stuff pads on nismo rs rotors stop so hard they warp reality! At least to me they do!

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now I am thinking about just using Bilstein B6 with stock springs (if I don't have to wait on Germany). The inverted monotube design should help and I really did not want to go much (if any lower).

Trying to adapt Evo parts opens up a much wider range of available options. But it might be too much trial an error for my only car, potentially taking it out of commission for too long.

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
370z base calipers with ebc yellow stuff pads on nismo rs rotors stop so hard they warp reality! At least to me they do!
Did you do rears and Stainless braided brake lines ?

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
Now I am thinking about just using Bilstein B6 with stock springs (if I don't have to wait on Germany). The inverted monotube design should help and I really did not want to go much (if any lower).

Trying to adapt Evo parts opens up a much wider range of available options. But it might be too much trial an error for my only car, potentially taking it out of commission for too long.
You could rent a car for two weeks. I think Enterprise economy is around $300 with unlimited miles.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
Yeah thats nice.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts