Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We wanted to be able to actually use the back of the car to store packages in without fear of being broken into, so we had the dealer order us the optional tonneau cover. (You would think it would have been an option during purchase and delivery, or even more so STANDARD with the car). Just a heads up for anyone else ordering the item. You may want to set up an appointment for the day the dealer has it come in so they can install it. All the info with it says they recommend dealer install, and when one of the tools needed for the install is a drill, I tend to agree. Soooo not comfortable drilling my own holes into my new baby. :(

·
Registered
296 Posts
I cannot find it now but I remember reading a road test report that said the Juke was fitted with a tonneau cover as standard?
I know different countries have different norms. but I think the cover would be great!!
I must check my dealership, to see if my Juke, coming from Japan, will have one??

·
Registered
71 Posts
Is one necessary?

The rear headrests nearly touch the hatch glass, which itself, is tinted about 20-30%. Also, I haven't seen a cover in the vehicle options. If there is one, I imagine it's not much more than a 3"x30" strip of plastic.

This was a concern for us too, b/c my wife is a Nintendo rep and she drives around all day with spendy goodies in the car.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just got back from my dealership.
They had a manual turbo model delivered today. It has the tonneau fitted as standard and very nice it is too!!

It is connected to the sides and top of the tailgate, so, when the back is lifted the rigid black carpet style covered tonneau goes up with it, super job!!

It is also removeable of course.

I made sure they knew that mine must be identical!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just got back from my dealership.
They had a manual turbo model delivered today. It has the tonneau fitted as standard and very nice it is too!!

It is connected to the sides and top of the tailgate, so, when the back is lifted the rigid black carpet style covered tonneau goes up with it, super job!!

It is also removeable of course.

I made sure they knew that mine must be identical!
Sorry, I meant rigid, with flexibility, also!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is one necessary?

The rear headrests nearly touch the hatch glass, which itself, is tinted about 20-30%. Also, I haven't seen a cover in the vehicle options. If there is one, I imagine it's not much more than a 3"x30" strip of plastic.

This was a concern for us too, b/c my wife is a Nintendo rep and she drives around all day with spendy goodies in the car.
Even though the tint is great, you can still see in the back if you want to. If I had stealable stuff like Nintendo goodies in my car, I would certainly want to hide that. The dealer installed the cover today and it is exactly as the type described by Pilgrim. Not cheesy at all. Involved about an hour of labor. Service dept. kind of balked at it saying they had never done an install before. DH gave them the instructions he downloaded from the Web and they had no problems at all doing a seamless install. Originally Googled Juke accessories and then ordered the part through the dealer.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Lem, how much was it, total? please post pics if you can

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
$135 for the cover and $115 to install. No pics yet. sorry. It looks as if it belongs there though, the whole thing lifts up effortlessly when you open the trunk and when it is in place does not take up any real storage room in the trunk area. Part number is G9911-1KM0A.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Lem,

Are you in europe or thie states?

I was also disappointed to see that there was no cover for the trunk area if/when I might put something of value there so it would be nicer to have the option to install the cover you described.

Your prices were in $ but i just wanted to make sure they were USD and you were in the states..

·
Registered
123 Posts
after going to see jukes at several different dealers round here, the Canadian models seem to have the tonneau cover as standard. glad about that, now if i could only confirm availability of the armrest

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
The cover is not worth the money IMHO.

Actually is covers, but that about everything said. Cos it looks like a elcheapo not good thinking design thing.
When you put something high in the back (say higher then 50cm), the cover will slam in too it. Talking off, isn't easy too, bet with practice it still takes about 5 minutes.
Problay after talking it off it will wear out and you need new plugs to fit it proper

·
Registered
112 Posts
Check out topic Cargo Area Cover - Have you seen this?' in General Discussions for pics of it from UK and Japan Nissan sites.

Also, thanks to member Parhelion's reply in Cargo Area Cover - Have you seen this? in General Discussions, check out the YouTube video 'Nissan Juke, Exclusive Evans Halshaw Review' at around 2:00 minute mark.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The cover is not worth the money IMHO.

Actually is covers, but that about everything said. Cos it looks like a elcheapo not good thinking design thing.
When you put something high in the back (say higher then 50cm), the cover will slam in too it. Talking off, isn't easy too, bet with practice it still takes about 5 minutes.
Problay after talking it off it will wear out and you need new plugs to fit it proper
I do agree the cost of the cover and the labor is pricey. But, I disagree about how it is designed. It is designed well to fit closely to the window area so that it hides anything in the trunk yet still looks like it is a part of the car that should be there. While the plugs that hold it in place may need to be replaced after many uses due to plastic fatigue, I cannot see many instances when I will actually have to remove the cover. That is how close it sits to the window.

Living in a suburban area and planning on using the trunk to actually store packages, etc., the cover is a requirement for me and money well spent.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
$135 for the cover and $115 to install. No pics yet. sorry. It looks as if it belongs there though, the whole thing lifts up effortlessly when you open the trunk and when it is in place does not take up any real storage room in the trunk area. Part number is G9911-1KM0A.
What about if you want the rear seats folded down? Will it hide anything then? If you get a chance to post a pic that would be great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It will only hide what is in the trunk if the seats are folded down. So anything extending into the seat area will be visible. Also, people would be able to look through the windows and see into the trunk area if the seats were down. Basically the cover fits closely over the trunk window.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It sounds like every tonneau cover ever made since the day one.

Example: in my MINI, two round plugs snap into slots that abut the rear seats, and the rear-most part is attached by strings with loops that hang onto pegs on the hatch door itself. It raises with the hatch, and lowers with it, concealing anything you have back there. For bulkier items or with the seats lowered, you can unhook it and snap it out in 2 seconds. My car is 6 years old, and the tonneau cover is in the same shape it was when new.

No reason why it or the attachments should ever wear out unless you're rough with your stuff.

Is the Juke version different than this?

I am shocked if any markets do not have this as standard. No one wants their hatch contents visible to the world, plus it gives a cheap/unfinished/junky look to the cargo area. This is STANDARD hatch-back issue. I'll be getting it for sure, even if I have to special-order it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts