Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Wrapped! You can see all the sills and around the cargo area, so it could be removed if desired. It's not that bad tho, needs different wheels and some badge blackout and would look pretty custom.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Not my style but doesn't look terrible imo

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Nismo RS CVT (Pearl White)
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah color is ok but can they at least wrap the inside too? And is that moonroof a dealer option?

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Yeah color is ok but can they at least wrap the inside too? And is that moonroof a dealer option?
I saw an RS listed with a sunroof once, motorized and everything. Was clearly an aftermarket option due to button placement. I don't personally understand wanting a sunroof so *** bad that you pay someone to cut a hole in the roof of your sports car that they intentionally left a sunroof off of for chasis rigidity reasons.

That was an RS though. Maybe the regular Nismo had them as an option? The RS sacrifices a couple things for other things, like Recaros instead of heated seats and structural support braces instead of a sun or moon roof. The regular Nismo is more of a happy medium for most people so maybe it was a rare option or dealer installed option.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I seriously doubt the rs has any additional roof structure to improve rigidity. It's a $25k nissan. They were saving money by not adding a sunroof in order to keep profitability higher.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
I seriously doubt the rs has any additional roof structure to improve rigidity. It's a $25k nissan. They were saving money by not adding a sunroof in order to keep profitability higher.
I would normally agree but I remember a video a while back I saw in YouTube where a group of guys took some older, late 90s and early 2000s cars, and compared the chassis rigidity before and after the sunroof was installed. They also compared some cars with and without the factory option.

The results were surprising, it made a significant difference on most cars in how much the chassis flexed. It was enough that it was affecting the cars maximum g load on cornering.

Sunroofs are cheap, I think Nismo genuinely left it off for valid chassis reasons. Also the Nismo RS is a $30,000 car on average.

It makes sense. Most top trim sport packages leave them out, and when they are there they have a ton of reinforcement around the structure. Same reason as why convertibles need a TON of body bracing throughout the frames to keep their sporty feel.

All it takes is a little flex for that one wheel to not contact as hard and the handling at 9/10 is compromised.

I'll try and find that video. It was like 7 years ago.

Reactions: Scougar

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
The Driver must have slammed the seatbelt at least a dozen times when they closed the door. 66k miles? I bet the exterior looked like the interior before being wrapped. Poor girl has seen some hard usage

·
Super Moderator
11,574 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts