Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Nissan JUke SL
959 Posts
In your owners manual it calls for 5-30 wt, 4.3 qts. Dealership usually uses a synthetic blend. Personally, I use Mobil extended performance full synthetic. $26.68 @ Walmart.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Actually it is 4.8 quarts on stock sized oil filter. If you use a slightly longer filter like the Nissan -9E01A you can put an even 5 quarts in. 5W-30 is the recommended grade of oil. Best to use synthetic oils.

·
Registered
2011 Nissan JUke SL
959 Posts
I stand corrected. Thanks.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Synthetic is the only way, I'm not sure why anyone would use anything else.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I used Castrol Edge Full Synth, Mobil 1, and Quaker State Full Synth so far. No apparent differences bewttn those oils in terms of mileage and general performance. I believe the dyno oil is OK as long as you change it more frequently than full synthetic. I change mine at every 3 to 3.5K miles.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I used Castrol Edge Full Synth, Mobil 1, and Quaker State Full Synth so far. No apparent differences bewttn those oils in terms of mileage and general performance. I believe the dyno oil is OK as long as you change it more frequently than full synthetic. I change mine at every 3 to 3.5K miles.
My 2013 Juke S recommended oil change is every 3,750 miles on regular oil. I thought you would go longer if you are using full synthetic.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
My 2013 Juke S recommended oil change is every 3,750 miles on regular oil. I thought you would go longer if you are using full synthetic.
You can go longer on full synthetic. Mine is 5k miles or 6 months, whichever happens first. But I change it every 6 months because I don't drive that much. I've had my Juke for 15 months & I'm only at 4800 miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Change you oil 5000kms or 3000 miles period, I've repaired enough engines in my 20 years to know you need to change your oil. Especially on a direct injection engine. For direct injection engine like ours, use a oil that will collect the carbon better, valvoline so far has the highest rating for such job. I have used amzoil since day one, 5000kms with there oil filter. Oil is dirty not tar. No need to change grade. 0w20 is nissan preferred expect nismo nismo rs. Which is 5w30.
If you live in a hotter climate and race the car use 5w40, which is actually the renault(where engine is from) recommended. Hope this clears this up

·
Super Moderator
2,456 Posts
Change you oil 5000kms or 3000 miles period, I've repaired enough engines in my 20 years to know you need to change your oil. Especially on a direct injection engine. For direct injection engine like ours, use a oil that will collect the carbon better, valvoline so far has the highest rating for such job. I have used amzoil since day one, 5000kms with there oil filter. Oil is dirty not tar. No need to change grade. 0w20 is nissan preferred expect nismo nismo rs. Which is 5w30.
If you live in a hotter climate and race the car use 5w40, which is actually the renault(where engine is from) recommended. Hope this clears this up
This needs to be cleared up. First you’re replying to a 7 year old thread which has been answered, by a Nissan tech none the less. Second, the weight of oil recommended by Nissan is listed in the owner’s manual. It is 5W-30 for a gen 1 engine (2011-2014 and all years RS) and it is 0W-20 for a gen 2 engine (2015+ all trims except RS). No where does Nissan recommend anything else. I’m not even going to get into the discussion of changing weight due to climate because Nissan has no such recommendation for the Juke.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts