Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
It's a great tune. As I said before, Nissan should have released the Juke this way.
It really puts the "Sport" in Sport Cross.
The quote on your signature would really be on steroids.

I'm not sure if the performance ECU tune or any other performance tune on any other car would void your warranty. I do know if you start messing with the internal part of your engine (Pistons etc...) the warranty is void.....It's pretty much a given and people who go this route already know....Maybe John can comment on this.

Either way, I can't say enough positive things on this tune without rambling. My daily driver is much more aggressive and I welcome any more "remote tune" updates with the cables I purchased from John.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
With my Charger we had Predator devices that performed this type of tune. Instant performance upgrade.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It's a great tune. As I said before, Nissan should have released the Juke this way.
It really puts the "Sport" in Sport Cross.
The quote on your signature would really be on steroids.

I'm not sure if the performance ECU tune or any other performance tune on any other car would void your warranty. I do know if you start messing with the internal part of your engine (Pistons etc...) the warranty is void.....It's pretty much a given and people who go this route already know....Maybe John can comment on this.

Either way, I can't say enough positive things on this tune without rambling. My daily driver is much more aggressive and I welcome any more "remote tune" updates with the cables I purchased from John.
The tune will absolutely void your warranty if there was a drivetrain related failure and they found out about it.

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
The tune will absolutely void your warranty if there was a drivetrain related failure and they found out about it.
It will void it out if detected, I mentioned it HERE and John Visconti mentioned in the next reply that it's pretty hard to detect.

But in the end, it's a chance you take.
Beat on your car with the tune and damage something, it's on you unless you can flash back to stock and take a chance at a dealer fixing it under warranty. (Which other's have been known to do)
Drive your car responsibly knowing you have power on tap when you need it and you should be pretty safe. Per John's previous replies, I feel confident that it's tuned on the safe side and take his word for it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes, I am interested since you are coming to my area, but I have sent you two emails already and go nothing back....

Jim Fowler

·
Vendor
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I am interested since you are coming to my area, but I have sent you two emails already and go nothing back....

Jim Fowler
Jim I haven't received any emails from you.

Try again , I'll keep a eye on the spam folder.

John

·
Registered
31 Posts
John,

Thanks again for you quick response to my email inquiry. I am interested, but I had one follow-up question: Do you offer a way to "flash" it back to the stock configuration?

A further explanation of why I ask this question is the obvious warranty conserns; but, another is the E-check (emissions) program that is in some of the counties in northern Ohio - mine being one. I am not saying I know your reflash would not pass; I am saying I do not know if it would - and just want the safety net of being able to restore the car to stock.

And, I think your efforts in offering this service is actually awesome and a booster to the Juke appeal; but, I really like to have a way back on this type of modification - not in doubt of you and this mod - in caution of the Ohio EPA that gave us the state joke called E-check.........

Best Wishes,

Jim Fowler

·
Vendor
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
John,

Thanks again for you quick response to my email inquiry. I am interested, but I had one follow-up question: Do you offer a way to "flash" it back to the stock configuration?

A further explanation of why I ask this question is the obvious warranty conserns; but, another is the E-check (emissions) program that is in some of the counties in northern Ohio - mine being one. I am not saying I know your reflash would not pass; I am saying I do not know if it would - and just want the safety net of being able to restore the car to stock.

And, I think your efforts in offering this service is actually awesome and a booster to the Juke appeal; but, I really like to have a way back on this type of modification - not in doubt of you and this mod - in caution of the Ohio EPA that gave us the state joke called E-check.........

Best Wishes,

Jim Fowler
Yes sir, flashing back to stock is not a problem

John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts