Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Sorry for the lack of pictures but I did this before I joined. Anyways, below are easy instructions on how to retain factory backup camera with an aftermarket head unit.

The harness the wires you are looking for is the 24 pin harness. You will need to tap into 3 wires in total.

First you want to get an RCA plug. I got a solder-less one from Radioshack. Remember that with RCA the center pin is positive and the shield is your negative/ground

The numbering I am using is off of a Nissan document with 21 on top left 32 top right 44 lower right and 33 lower left

Nissan pin 25 "G" is the reverse signal wire for your head unit

Pin 41 "V" is the camera signal - "center pin on RCA" The negative RCA wire should go to ground

Pin 42 is Shield and should be connected to ground

Pin 43 "LG" is the camera power supply. Native value for this is 6v however 5v works just fine. I put a USB travel hub on my head unit to split the USB. I then took a USB cable and snipped it to expose the wires. The red wire in the USB cable carries 5V dc.

Splice the red wire in the USB cable to pin 43 for power

Pin 44 "L" needs to be connected to ground

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
5 Posts
slight variation

Thanks for the info. Rather than splice into the wires I cut pin lengths from a medium sized safety pin and soldered these to the appropriate wires. they then slot into the pin holes on the plug. Works perfectly.

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Genius!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Glad they came out with this :) Axxess AX-NIS32SWC-6V Backup Camera retention for Select Nissan Vehicles

EDIT: this harness only works on the 2015 and up jukes though

·
Registered
3 Posts
I upgraded my head unit and I retained the factory backup camera but I am having an issue. It looks like the camera is putting out an imagine that's ultra wide or panorama.

The only way I was able to get a stable picture is by intercepting the signal before it goes into the control box behind the glove box (the one that gets the signal from all 4 cameras and them combines it into one) and then run it to the radio.

I have a 2016 Nismo. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Crutchfield just sold me the Scosche CRT-NN01 for use with my 2012 juke. I'm here because it isn't working yet. Back at it tomorrow
I think I had the video in from the camera plugged into the wrong input for the receiver. There is a yellow RCA for a Front camera and I plugged in there by accident. I moved it to the correct input for the receiver (Upper right RCA on the Boss BE950...).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts