Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I’ve been driving myself crazy trying to figure out what my ac problem is. The compressor was cutting out at random times blowing warm air while driving and then coming back in again. When in park idle it would start to act up again randomly clicking on off every 4 seconds sometimes etc. causing the idle to be rough. Sometimes it would work other times it wouldn’t. Thought maybe it’s the pressure levels, leak going on or bad compressor or something else major.

It wasn’t until my wife made a comment about she just turns the ac knob up to 62 when she drives instead of 60 full blast ac that it works fine. I didn’t really believe her, but I finally decided to try for myself test driving etc..Low and behold, works like a charm compressor acting normal and car getting cold like it should and even in idle the compressor isn’t engaging like crazy anymore shaking the whole car. Does anyone have any idea what is causing the issue? It acts up when setting it on 60 but 62 degrees on the dial is perfectly fine no matter what the fan speed is.

Is there a temp sensor that is malfunctioning somewhere? Like perhaps the ac evaporator temp sensor causing this or something else that would cause the ac to act in this way. I have no problem just leaving it at 62 if it saves me 1000 dollars at the Nissan dealer for repair, but still wondering what gives and if this is something that can be fixed pretty easy?
Thanks for any input.

·
Super Moderator
4,297 Posts
Interesting! There is so much of this car that is controlled by the computer that it could be anything. Maybe there is a “max” setting that it doesn’t like. Could be a voltage issue from the battery or alternator? Anyway, I would use the 62 setting and be happy.
Thank you for sharing this hack

·
Super Moderator
2,152 Posts
I'm not an A/C or refrigeration tech, but my first guess is maybe there's an issue with the compressor cutting out on high/low pressure when told to run full blast. But that's just a guess.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah not sure what’s going on, something?Works full blast on 62 but 60 full blast starts to act up... after 10 minutes or so it seems to cut out driving at random times and then when I park and pop the hood the compressor is engaging a lot back and forth Radiator fan tries to turn on high speed and shuts off with the compressor and keeps struggling to work, car shakes rpm goes up/down idle...62 no problem... Strange issue indeed...I can live with it I guess...coming into fall months and will be ready for heat

·
Registered
5 Posts
So, I’ve been driving myself crazy trying to figure out what my ac problem is. The compressor was cutting out at random times blowing warm air while driving and then coming back in again. When in park idle it would start to act up again randomly clicking on off every 4 seconds sometimes etc. causing the idle to be rough. Sometimes it would work other times it wouldn’t. Thought maybe it’s the pressure levels, leak going on or bad compressor or something else major.

It wasn’t until my wife made a comment about she just turns the ac knob up to 62 when she drives instead of 60 full blast ac that it works fine. I didn’t really believe her, but I finally decided to try for myself test driving etc..Low and behold, works like a charm compressor acting normal and car getting cold like it should and even in idle the compressor isn’t engaging like crazy anymore shaking the whole car. Does anyone have any idea what is causing the issue? It acts up when setting it on 60 but 62 degrees on the dial is perfectly fine no matter what the fan speed is.

Is there a temp sensor that is malfunctioning somewhere? Like perhaps the ac evaporator temp sensor causing this or something else that would cause the ac to act in this way. I have no problem just leaving it at 62 if it saves me 1000 dollars at the Nissan dealer for repair, but still wondering what gives and if this is something that can be fixed pretty easy?
Thanks for any input.
I had the exact same problem and I see many more who are having the same. 3 new compressors later, I think it’s fixed.. An intelligent repair person isolated the problem rather quickly. Seems that the fan motor governs the AC functions and it seems that maybe ALL Jukes were made with faulty ones...Fan motor is now replaced and AC is working in all different scenarios!!! I’m almost am in disbelief, as even the Nissan dealership could not figure this out..I thought I was going to have to junk it, with just 60k miles on it..
Hope this helps..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts