Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 nissan juke 1.6 automatic
The car is reving quite higher and taking longer to change gears i want to try and change the oil and filter has anyone had this problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
The exact same thing is happening to me. I have taken the vehicle to a mechanic and they keep telling me nothing is wrong. I am going to get a third opinion.

update Mine is a 2014

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
2012 nissan juke 1.6 automatic
The car is reving quite higher and taking longer to change gears i want to try and change the oil and filter has anyone had this problem
The juke transmission doesn't have gears, so it's either just because you are unfamiliar with it or because it needs a CVT fluid change. Drive it for a while and see if you get used to it. Try sport mode which will 'fake' gears, if you have the ICon system.

·
Registered
299 Posts
this is an ongoing issue...over revving.....simulated 'shift' points not happening so your tacho redlines constantly...ive tried everything & the only thing that 'sometimes' works is turning the traction control completely off. theres tons of posts on the subject. the magic 'changing of the cvt fluid' did nothing to help-just saying

p.s maybe only do this in dry conditions haha

·
Registered
9 Posts
Heat kills any transmission and fresh fluid is your best defense for CVT longevity. I've been doing a quick drain and fill (3-4 quarts) on the Accord CVT every 25K miles with Valvoline CVT at Walmart for 7.58 a quart. I do it 3 separate times over 200 miles since a single drain is only replacing approx. 33% of the fluid. I did 2 drain and Fills on the Juke same 4 quarts or so whatever amount gets you between the marks on the dipstick with Valvoline CVT. I recently had the dealer do a full CVT service since it was there down for other maintenance and that Nissan fluid is stupid priced. I'll change the CVT fluid every 25-30k miles. I was just in Houston and cleaned out a Walmart there for 10 Qts of CVT. I have a hard time finding it on the shelves at Walmarts here in my town. Its 10.99 a qt at auto parts stores.

·
Registered
39 Posts
People shouldn't have to go through this partial, repetitive fluid change bs for their CVT. Particularly since the manufacturer initially claimed the fluid good for life of the car. Sold as a sealed system. Its outright bs -who's kidding who in engineering at JATCO? Who measured mechanical design vs fluid performance? And the fact you can't drain it all in one go. Plus an internal filter that appears to trap nothing.

I feel like a guinea pig with a $5k ding waiting for my wallet.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I'm curious as to the source of your statement regarding the manufacturer claiming it was a sealed system and that it required no service for its lifespan. Mainly because it's not a sealed system (it has fill and drain access). Where did that information come from?

·
Super Moderator
1,654 Posts
other car makers (Dodge, Toyota, to name a couple) do have sealed CVTs with "lifetime" fluid. Nissan is definitely not one of these. Even on the gen 2 Juke there is a maintenance interval for the CVT fluid. It's possible he got Nissan confused with another manufacturer that uses CVTs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Treat your CVT fluid like its lifetime fluid at it will be just that. Albeit a short life. There is no valid argument against fresh fluid on any forum including Bob the oil guy.

·
Super Moderator
10,126 Posts
Treat your CVT fluid like its lifetime fluid at it will be just that. Albeit a short life. There is no valid argument against fresh fluid on any forum including Bob the oil guy.
Yup exactly. FORD has lifetime fluid in the PTU. LOL. They blow up because the PTU is right next to the CAT on the Ecoboost. Only holds like 12oz of gear oil and it turns to sludge.

Change ALL fluids as often as possible to minimize any issues. Things will always break tho. Most parts get the lowest bidder ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts