Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving my 2014 juke And all the sudden stepped on the gas and nothing wouldn’t downshift anything turned it off started again ran for about five minutes did the same thing any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Sounds like the car went into limp mode I'd have to question how the car was maintained and driven prior to your ownership. Unless the dealer can confirm there was a recent CVT drain and fill done by the dealer I would do that asap hopefully that gets rid of the problem but if the issue persists than that could mean underlying issues.

·
Super Moderator
1,860 Posts
You got suggestions in your other thread. Please do not spam the forum with multiple posts asking the same thing. If you cannot find your previous thread/posts, click on your user name then click on your replies or threads and you will see them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2012 juke does that often if the outside temperature is above 90 degrees. The service engine light will come on. Shut it off for five minutes and it's goes like normal. I've owned it for three years, every summer same problem. Have had it checked out several times, but because the problem doesn't exist when I take it into the dealer, they say there's nothing they can do. I bought it with 70k miles and just recently turned over 160k. Other than replacing belt, tensioner, and ac, and that strange summer problem it runs great.

·
Super Moderator
4,132 Posts
My 2012 juke does that often if the outside temperature is above 90 degrees. The service engine light will come on. Shut it off for five minutes and it's goes like normal. I've owned it for three years, every summer same problem. Have had it checked out several times, but because the problem doesn't exist when I take it into the dealer, they say there's nothing they can do. I bought it with 70k miles and just recently turned over 160k. Other than replacing belt, tensioner, and ac, and that strange summer problem it runs great.
Do several drain and fills on your CVT. The hot days are pushing your Juke into Safe Mode.

Even with cold weather coming, you still have slipping in the CVT due to the old fluid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts