·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First day home in the garage with the Z.

Creeping on a regular Nismo CVT.

First weekend I had it took it to the Tail of the Dragon and broke it in properly. Shots taken at Fontana Dam.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dyno'ed at 900 miles before any mods at Z1 Motorsports right after attacking the Dragon.

Needless to say it is underrated on power from Nissan.

First mod. 2J-Racing pulley.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2nd mod. EFI Logic intercooler pipes and cold air intake in wrinkle red. I have since sold the intercooler pipes to Southerncross. Removed the block off plate below the driver side DTRL for actual cold air to make it the filter.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
My long awaited JDM Nismo carbon parts that I ordered at the same time as the RS itself shows up about 4 weeks after I took delivery of the RS. Total wait time from Japan using Nissan Motorsports as the importer took 10 weeks. JDM Nismo carbon lip and rear spoiler extensions. JDM amber tail lights.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At home showing the lip.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Saikou Michi dual oil catch can install.

Broken PCV-side catch can bracket. Saikou Michi sent out another that was slightly thicker metal free of charge. Specs of old and new thicknesses are on the evelope.

Free power mod. Remove the hot coolant lines coming from the turbo at the throttle body and bypass the throttle body. The stock hose is long enough to reach the water outlet fitting at the radiator cap pipe. Keeps unnecessary heat out of the throttle and air intake temps down going into the intake manifold. No harm is done.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Forge intercooler upgrade install.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Injen 2nd cat-delete pipe.

Track day prep work. SPC camber bolts for the front to make front camber go from -0.2* to -2.0* camber for better turn-in and cornering grip. Carbotech XP pads for track day use only. THESE PADS ARE VERY AGGRESSIVE!! Brake fluid upgrade to handle the heat of a track day.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Borrowed my wheels from my 1986 300ZX Turbo for my track day use. Wheels are Rota P45R 18x9.5 +12mm offset. Tires are 265/35R18 Dunlop DZ101.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Track day pics from ZNationals 2014 at Atlanta Motorsports Park. I was initially in the beginner group. They had to bump me up to the intermediate group after it became clear the RS could hang with 350Zs.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Seibon GT-R style carbon fiber hood.

Proof that catch cans are needed on any Juke.

The RS's first snow fall event. This was in February in Kennessaw, Georgia when I was there for Nissan technical training. LSD worked like a champ, and ABS was used alot because the Continetals hate snow.

MRP downpipe. Prepping for install. Ordered all new gaskets and hardware just in case anything happens coming off with the stock cat. Had the downpipe ceramic coated inside and out at TopSpeed Motorsports, and then wrapped with DEI Titanium wrap and lots of stainless steel ties.

MRP Torque mounts. I don't have a pic of the upper mount for some reason.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AEM guage install with Perrin gauge pod setup. Green tape is for figuring a placement of the Perrin holder to drill holes. Use tip ties to neatly tuck the wires away out of site. Silicon spray makes it easier to route the harnesses through the firewall grommet. Silicone spray is also used to lube the silicone couplers that Perrin uses for inserts to install 52mm gauges, since the outer portion of the Perrin holder is made for 60mm gauges.

For you guys wondering where to tap into the harness for switched illumination. Here you go. Remove the lower steering column cover and find the yellow connector at the spiral cable assembly. This is the wire position for all Jukes, and the color should be Violet (purple). The V in the chart means Violet. Taping in here is the easiest to access.

Video of the boost gauge and it dimming/brightening up.
http://vid6.photobucket.com/albums/...mo RS 6-speed/20150427_160230_zpsktujtfx7.mp4

·
Registered
2014 Juke Nismo FWD
1,363 Posts
Wow, awesome thread and tons of great pics! Of course this pops up now when I already went and manually installed a switch to control the boost gauge illumination function :p oh well haha.

One question though about the "free power mod" here, dont really understand this, if this is better/more power why is it setup the way it is from stock? Just curious.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow, awesome thread and tons of great pics! Of course this pops up now when I already went and manually installed a switch to control the boost gauge illumination function :p oh well haha.

One question though about the "free power mod" here, dont really understand this, if this is better/more power why is it setup the way it is from stock? Just curious.

It keeps hot coolant out of the throttle body. Heating up the throttle body will heat up the air going through it. It helps to keep lower intake temps for denser air from the intercooler, which in turn helps increase power.

·
Registered
2014 Juke Nismo FWD
1,363 Posts
It keeps hot coolant out of the throttle body. Heating up the throttle body will heat up the air going through it. It helps to keep lower intake temps for denser air from the intercooler, which in turn helps increase power.
No adverse/negative affects? Guess I am just confused why Nissan had it set up like that in the first place? sorry, just trying to understand it more :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No adverse/negative affects? Guess I am just confused why Nissan had it set up like that in the first place? sorry, just trying to understand it more :confused:
Mainly for the Northern guys who see very cold temps. It's a "de-icing" feature to prevent the throttle plate from icing over and sticking open in frigid temps. I had it bypassed like that and drove through the snow storms we got down here with no problems with throttle plate icing or sticking. ECU doesn't care about bypassing the coolant because it has no way of telling.

Also it helps reduce heatsoak of the intake air when bypassed.

1 - 20 of 324 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.