Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,828 Posts
LOLOL

Nissan is done then. Idiots.

The ROGUE and Fleet sales are the ONLY reason Nissan is viable. Lose either one and they are done in the US.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
I saw a Nissan kicks on the way home, and I thought to myself... I know why Nissan is failing in the USA. They gave us the crappy ass kicks instead of the sooo much better looking new juke.

That, plus the continuous blandness, along with the continually failing CVT that are never strong enough for their intended application. Give it an extended uphill and it is break down time thanks to the lack of Nissan actually giving a s$$t about the vehicle reliability.

Same happened to Toyota. The tried to get big and penny pinch and dropped their quality.... Their rep suffered. They had a ton of trans problems as well.... You know what they did? They added extra magnets to catch the fastly wearing transmission components and hoped to make it past the warranty period.

Give me the new juke as a manual hot hatch. . Give me the Nismo electric leaf. Give the solid purchase, high reliability back.

People want nicer looking, distinctive vehicles these days AS WELL. Just like Ford... They continue to push tech they know is bad, all the while pretending everything is fine and it is customers fault.

·
Super Moderator
9,828 Posts
Well at least Toyota has the C-HR. Its a good looking Crossover. Under powered at 140HP but hey. Its more than the Juke now.

·
Registered
637 Posts
When my Juke does grenade and Nissan refuses to fix anything even with a 7 year bumper to bumper (mind you, exhaust, tune, springs, pipes etc may void some of that especially the CVT) I will go back to tried and true VW or whoever (else) as Nissan is dead to me. Gee, a 140hp kicks or a 550hp $100k GTR? Come on.

·
Super Moderator
1,573 Posts
My parents have a 3 year old rogue with nearly 90k miles. They like it and it's been reliable for them. I considered buying a rogue in 2013 when I bought my Juke and I still think the Rogue is a decent car. Since then though, nothing from Nissan really appeals to me. My wife and I even looked at a Pathfinder almost 2 years ago when we needed a bigger vehicle for our growing family and we didn't like it. Went with a Mazda CX-9 instead. When my Juke dies, I'll more than likely replace it with the new Mazda 3 Hatchback AWD (nearly identical HP/TQ to the Juke, but in a 2.5L non-turbo). Still hoping they put a turbo in it like the CX-9. It fits, they just haven't done it yet and there are rumors they will. 2.5L turbo with 250HP/310TQ stock in an AWD hatchback... say no more, I'm sold.

·
Super Moderator
9,828 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,828 Posts
BLEH

Sadly, that's probably all 99 percent of buyers will need to read before deciding "not to come" for SkyactivD. And in fact, this is a darned hard sell on any sort of objective basis. SkyactivD is also the slowest engine available in a CX-5, requiring 9.0 seconds to hit 60 mph when the base 2.5 does it in 8.3 and the turbo gasser (running transmission and axle gearing identical to the diesel's and weighing 200 pounds less) needs just 6.4. SkyactivD's single objective superlative: At 3,500 pounds, its tow rating is 1,500 pounds up on either gas-engine sibling.

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BLEH

Sadly, that's probably all 99 percent of buyers will need to read before deciding "not to come" for SkyactivD. And in fact, this is a darned hard sell on any sort of objective basis. SkyactivD is also the slowest engine available in a CX-5, requiring 9.0 seconds to hit 60 mph when the base 2.5 does it in 8.3 and the turbo gasser (running transmission and axle gearing identical to the diesel's and weighing 200 pounds less) needs just 6.4. SkyactivD's single objective superlative: At 3,500 pounds, its tow rating is 1,500 pounds up on either gas-engine sibling.
After that article I agree. Motor Trend was similar in their review. It was such a long wait for the D. Than a Turbo gas version came along and killed it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts