Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the Juke require us to all buy winter tires? The stock 17" (?) tires do not look like they would be snow friendly for those of us that live in Canada!

·
Registered
22 Posts
if you live in anywhere that gets a regular amount of snow. you will need winter tires no matter what you drive. its not that you need them to move but more so you need winter tires to stop properly and maintain grip when turning.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I guess I dont get enough snow to require more then a really nice set of all seasons.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Big fan of these Bridgestone Blizzaks. A little pricey but they stick to the road.
Another vote for Blizzaks. They stick because they are soft. Run 'em from December 1 to end of March and no longer... unless you want to take another season's wear off in just 1 month.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Blizzaks are some of the best winter tires I've ever used. Even tried to intentionally get stuck driving a rwd sports coupe but it wouldn't let me get stuck no matter how deep the snow was.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I run Toyo Garit Ovserves on my 10 Genesis Coupe (RWD) for the winter. They work as good as the Blizzaks that were on my 08 si.

Winter tires will always provide gains over all-season tires. Plus with the "Torque Vectoring AWD System" I think the Juke will be a blast in the Snow with some good winter boots on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in the UK, we've been hit badly over the last 2 years, waiting for my Juke in December but i've ordered some Nokian WR G2 Winter Tyres, crackin value and get one of the best Winter Tires reviews around.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I also prefer Blizzaks, but took a chance on some Firestone Winterforce tires (they were on sale @ TireRack). They used them on my buddy's police cruiser and he swore by them. I was pleasantly pleased by their performance. With the All Season Goodyear Assurances, my back end was constantly kicking out on my Charger.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Continental ExtremeWinterContact are also another great tire, which I think are rated higher than the Blizzak and about $100 cheaper on a set of 4 according to Tire Rack's website. The factory tires on the AWD SV are Goodyear eagle RS-A P215/55R17 and are a decent rated all season, but for snowy climates, I think it's always safe to get a new set, this way you're tires last longer, and you get for sure winter traction. A great set of winter tires on the JUKE would make it amazing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i did that for my other car, it works out cheaper in the long run as you're not repeatedly switching tires and re-balancing, less chance of damaging the rims too

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Agreed. They charge an arm and a leg to take off and then break down a tire. With separate rims, heck I could swap them myself.

i did that for my other car, it works out cheaper in the long run as you're not repeatedly switching tires and re-balancing, less chance of damaging the rims too

·
Super Moderator
6,376 Posts
AWD vehicles are great in the snow but sometimes the "All season" performance oriented tires don't always cut it.

I tried these and love these tires. To each their own.
QUATRAC 3: SUMMER AND WINTER IN ONE TYRE

Also Tire Rack and some other top companies will sell you Winter Tire Packages already mounted and balanced on rims for your summer to winter swap out.
Keeps your OEM looking good.
Tire Rack is my favorite "go to" for tire information.

Word of caution with AWD or 4x4's: Just because you can pick-up-n-go in the snow doesn't mean you can stop any faster. Drive smart and drive defensively.
I'd hate to see a picture of a smashed up Juke.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts