Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
My car has a bunch of mods, one of them is an OTS tune from Visconti Tuning. I currently use Protuner and Tunerassist on PC in order to tune Jelly (my Juke). When I try downloading tunes right now, I keep getting errors. Please see screenshot below and send some enlightenment! I know I know… its an OTS, but I love my usual OTS tune. I just loaded an incorrect one and now have a check engine 😅 SOS, I’m located in NYC
Rectangle Wood Font Wall Mesh

Font Rectangle Tints and shades Parallel Electric blue

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
The "existing connection was forcibly closed by host" can be translated to "they disconnected you as soon as you connected". That implies that the web services are still functional (the web address that the software uses can still be reached), but the service is immediately terminating the connection. There are a number of reasons it could be happening, but I would bet that the services have been disabled as an easy way for him/them to avoid any legal issues with the newer EPA regulations regarding modifications that affect emissions. Although it could be a software update/version issue as well.

If it's the emissions thing and he just shut it all down, then that sucks because I am ecutek tuned through John as well and would be doing the same thing as you if I ever wanted to try for an update or majorly change tunes. I downloaded a number of tunes that applied to my juke when I originally flashed, so I can still swap between those, but I wouldn't be able to download anything new. Maybe I can pull out my old laptop and see what happens when I try.

I'd say you will need to contact John Visconti directly for a solid answer. Please report back if you get a response or figure out what is happening.

Edit: If you are completely dead, the software should have automatically backend up/saved your stock rom. You should also have your tuned rom on your computer somewhere, if that's the same pc you originally used to flash it... Try a search of C:\ for " filename: *.bin " I think. I can send you one of my tunes, which will probably get you up and running.

Edit edit: I'm updating TunerAssist right now and seeing what I can get.

Edit edit edit: the update appears to have hosed TunerAssist, so it won't run at the moment. I did run ProECU and found my ROMS:

Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Operating system

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Just a followup note: We have been PM'ing about this in the background, trying to troubleshoot fully and it appears to all boil down to the TunerAssist software update. We found that if we run the TunerAssist version from visconti's website (2.5.6.0) it runs fine and you can browse your local tunes as well as available tunes for the different model years and trims, etc. But when you try to download a ROM, as the OP originally stated, then TunerAssists errors out (it does it for me as well).

Alternately, when first opening TunerAssist (hopefully the 1st run each day!) you are prompted for an update, which provides version 3.x.x.x something. Once completed successfully, the installer stops and when you run TunerAssist, you can see it start up in the task/process manager, but with no window or indication that it is trying to run, then the process just closes and disappears from the process list.

Edit: apparently that was my experience and the OP has been able to successfully run TunerAssist "as Administrator". Still runs into the same problem when attempting a download though!

End result is that Visconti will need to provide support directly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts