Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Germany the the ADAC Motoring Club (similiar to the AAA) has worked with the Emergency Services and Auto Manufacturers and put together on their website Safety Cards for all Auto Manufacturers. These can be copied and placed behind the Sun Visor for use in an Auto accident. I find this is very positive as it highlights the dangers (explosive / electrics etc...)for the Emergency Services and we are using them in both of our Nissans.

This information is made available to members of the ADAC in GermanyADACAllgemeine Deutsche Automobil-Club e.V

Go to ADAC Website :http://www.adac.de/_mmm/pdf/Nissan_Rettungsdatenbl%C3%A4tter_69594.pdf
When the “Rettungsdatenblätter” side is shown just select J – Juke and the required Safety Card will appear.
Print out the Safety Card from the ADAC Website and then place it in your Car. Place the Safety Card behind the Passenger Sun Visor, this is much better than the driver’s side, as when the visor is used whilst driving it will fall and interrupt your driving. Fold and place the printed side inwards to prevent the sun removing the print. Suggestion is to place the print in a plastic sleeve also.
There is also a Sticker available from the ADAC to be placed top or bottom left of the front window screen as information for the Emergency Services when needed - hopefully never 1.

All Manufacturers and Importers are now using this Standard Safety Card and are responsible for this information.
Naturally if changes occur new print copies will be required and changed.This information is put together with the Emergency Services.
I have translated the German "Legend" on the pic below into English just so you Guys can get a feeling of what the Card is all about.

Hope this is of some assistance Dave

English Translation:
Airbag = Airbag Karosserie-verstärkung = Body Re-inforcement Steuergerät = Control Unit
Gas-generator = Gas Generator Überroll-schutz = Roll Over Protection Batterie = Battery
Gurt-straffer = Seat Belt Retractor Gasdruck-dämpfer = Gas Strut Kraftstoff-tank = Fuel Tank

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
acrorat, good point I am beginning to lose it living here you sit on the wrong side !
No seriously the points on the card I would believe stay the same, if you are interested try contacting Nissan Sunderland because I have had answers from Nissan Bruhl HQ within 2 days.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a brief update, the ADAC here now are using a Digital System (next step to the printed out Card) for the Safety Card in that they can now gain access to all of the car data using the car number and can transfer this Safety Data to the Emergency Services in two minutes at the scene of an accident.
Today on BBC News was the next step on Safety information in that Mercedes-Benz are now going to use on all their cars QR Codes to help Rescuers obtain car data at the scene of an accident. This appears to be the next step from the ADAC Safety Card. All in All it is making Motoring Safer which is good for us ! Hope this is of interest - Dave
Read more: BBC News - Mercedes-Benz adds QR codes to save car crash victims

1 - 9 of 9 Posts