Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone looked into pre-ordering their Nissan Juke. I know Nissan was taking deposits and orders with their new Leaf EV, so why not the Juke? I think it would be a good idea.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone looked into pre-ordering their Nissan Juke. I know Nissan was taking deposits and orders with their new Leaf EV, so why not the Juke? I think it would be a good idea.
I tried, they said no, they don't have any specifications or material regarding the Juke, yet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I tried, they said no, they don't have any specifications or material regarding the Juke, yet.
Did Nissan give you any information as to when the specifications or materials regarding the Juke would be available?

I think it would be in Nissan's best interest to start taking pre-orders and deposits for the Juke... the Leaf did well... on the other hand, maybe they are still working things out and don't want to promise anything to potential buyers :confused:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder why they would say no... it's like they don't want to sell the Juke :confused: If they take pre-orders, not only will Nissan have a better idea of how many people are actually serious about buying the Juke, but they can use it as a marketing tool to create more busy around this already anticipated car... Maybe closer to the Juke's release date they'll start taking pre-orders...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I guess it depends on if the sales teams have all the infrastructure in place to handle pre-orders. As well as a release date they can honor, no one likes to be made to wait too long.

·
Registered
42 Posts
...prices in the UK

Nissan's controversially styled Juke compact crossover model will be priced from £12,795 OTR when it goes on sale in the UK in late September, the automaker announced today (see U.S.-market version here).

This means that Nissan is targeting buyers in the supermini segment with the Juke. For example, the new Ford Fiesta starts from £11,645, but that's the price for the entry-level three-door model with a puny 60HP 1.25-liter petrol unit. The basic version of the Juke is powered by a 117-horsepower 1.6-liter petrol engine.

In the UK, the Juke will be offered with a choice of three engines. Aside from the 117HP 1.6L which can be matted to either a five-speed manual or a CVT, there's a 110HP 1.5-litre dCi turbo diesel linked to a 6-speed manual, and a range-topping 1.6-liter turbocharged petrol with direct-injection that puts out an impressive 190HP and 240Nm of peak torque.

The 117HP 1.6-liter petrol and 1.5-liter diesel are only available with front wheel drive, while the 1.6L Turbo model is available with front-wheel drive and a six-speed manual or with all-wheel drive and a CVT.

There are three trim levels to choose from (depending on the engine) - Visia, Acenta and Tekna. The entry-level Visia starts from £12,795 and comes equipped with 16-inch alloy wheels, ESP, six airbags, sports seats and air conditioning.

The Acenta spec is available from £13,795 and adds 17-inch alloys, climate control, Bluetooth with USB connectivity and the Nissan Dynamic Control System.

Finally the range-topping Tekna starts from £15,795 adding leather upholstery, Nissan Connect, a reversing camera, Intelligent Key with engine start button and more.

Nissan said that it will begin accepting orders for the Juke in June.

·
Registered
42 Posts
What I'm unsure of is whether these price include the VAT (value added tax). If so, then these prices fall in line with what I expected. If not, the awd version will be priced out of my desired range. Here's hoping.

·
Registered
22 Posts
it really depends on the dealership. same thing with the GTR. some dealerships in my area wouldnt take any preorders til they had more information on the car. while some dealerships took deposits to secure a spot for the car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Reading all the reviews are great but dropping a deposit on somthing I have not test driven still makes me worry a little.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Reading all the reviews are great but dropping a deposit on somthing I have not test driven still makes me worry a little.
i know how you feel. sometimes you just want to buy it right away but theres that little voice inside of you telling you to make sure everything is ok. remember the whole exploding transmission fiasco people had after pre-ordering the 2009 GTR?

·
Registered
75 Posts
They start arriving in North america in the fall. Maybe August is the time to start dropping by the dealerships and asking if they will be taking pre order deposits.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I agree with DirtyJuke, test drive it first and then buy it. It's not like this is a limited model. Also, green cars, like the Leaf might be more expensive to build (battery) which might explain why dealers could get nervous and want their money or a portion of it upfront.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts