Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nissan Juke MPG seems to be a hotly debated contest - apparently it may only get 20 mpg.... wouldn't it be expected that this small vehicle would get 30 or 35 mpg? What gives Nissan? I thought the turbos and small displacement motors were the key to a green future?

·
Registered
38 Posts
anyone know what the curb weight is going to be? Any other cars using this engine? If we knew the curb weight we could compare it to another car that uses this engine and has a similar curb weight

·
Registered
70 Posts
anyone know what the curb weight is going to be? Any other cars using this engine? If we knew the curb weight we could compare it to another car that uses this engine and has a similar curb weight

Curb weights are mentioned here:
Nissan Juke - 2011 Nissan Juke Test Drive - Popular Mechanics

Popular Mechanics say
Curb weights range from 2923 pounds for a six-speed manual-equipped, front-wheel-drive SV model to 3221 pounds for an all-wheel-drive SL version.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If thats accurate...sold! Even for the AWD thats a great MPG...so let's see... fun car, some pep and great mileage. Deal!

·
Registered
38 Posts
wow! Thats awesome MPG! I was hoping for more like 33 but will take 40!

·
Registered
70 Posts
This is from a British website, so those of you abroad can ignore the UK Vehicle Excise Duty figures, but average mpg is mentioned for the different Jukes as well as 0-60mph times, and top speed in miles per hour.

Nissan Juke Road Test | Road Tests | Honest John

1.6 HR16DE 16 valve chain cam petrol manual: 0-60 10.7 seconds; top speed 111mph; combined consumption 44.1mpg CO2 emissions 147g/km (VED band F: £125 first year; £125pa) EU5

1.6 HR16DE 16 valve chain cam petrol X-tronic CVT auto 2WD: 0-60 11.2 seconds; top speed 106mph; combined consumption 44.8mpg CO2 emissions 145g/km (VED band F: £125 first year; £125pa) EU5

1.6 DiG 16 valve chain cam petrol manual 2WD: 0-60 7.7 seconds; top speed 134mph; combined consumption 40.9mpg CO2 emissions 159g/km (VED band G: £155 first year; £155pa) EU5

1.6 DiG 16 valve chain cam petrol X-tronic CVT auto 4WD: 0-60 8.1 seconds; top speed 125mph; combined consumption 37.2mpg CO2 emissions 175g/km (VED band I: £200 first year; £200pa) EU5

1.5 K9K dCi 110 belt cam diesel: 0-60 10.9 seconds; top speed 105mph; combined consumption 55.4mpg CO2 emissions 134g/km (VED band E: £110 first year; £110pa) EU5

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm averaging only 24mpg with mostly highway cruising at 80 mph. I have the awd but have only used the 2wd. I'm hoping mpg improves once engine breaks in (less than 1k on odometer). A 300 mile round trip requires a pit stop with only an 11 gallon tank which sucks. It does cruise nicely on the highway though.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I haven't had to fill up yet, but I can't wait to see what kind of mileage I get. I'm used to getting 17mpg from my last car.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
keep in mind that the official numbers vary according to drivetrain, with the CVT/FWD combination getting the best mileage.

I think it has a 13.2 gallon tank--only 1 gallon less than my civic

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm averaging only 24mpg with mostly highway cruising at 80 mph. I have the awd but have only used the 2wd. I'm hoping mpg improves once engine breaks in (less than 1k on odometer). A 300 mile round trip requires a pit stop with only an 11 gallon tank which sucks. It does cruise nicely on the highway though.
Pretty sure your mpg will improve if you simply slow down

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm getting anywhere from 20-24 right now with mostly highway driving.

Here's to hoping that improves!

·
Registered
4 Posts
YMMV

Don't expect your best mileage until you get 5-6000 miles on your Juke. It takes that long for modern engines to completely break in.
My first tank averaged 24 MPG, with a combination of city and highway, but I had to learn to keep my foot out of it. Learn to use the instantaneous mileage indicator, and adjust your driving style to maximize those numbers-if you are after mileage. If you are after the fun factor, let her rip-drive it like you stole it, but only expect ~ 20 MPG.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have 750 miles on mine and my average is 24mpg. I went on a weekend trip and got 27 mpg on the hwy at 75-80 mph. I did notice that the instant mpg guage went up to 29 mpg when i turned off the a/c.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My old car was a 2.4L engine (2005 scion tc) and it was rated at 22/29mpg. I regularly got 33-34mpg when I drove 65-70mph on highways with AC off. If I went 80+, mpg would be around 27-28.

Do you guys think the 1.6L engine in the Juke will require it to be even lower than 65-70 for max efficiency?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just went through my second tank in the Juke and got 26 mpg driving around town. The AWD wasn't on the entire time, so I was just in fwd. I didn't go on any highways and I did push it a few times. I'm sure if i babied it or went along the highway it would be much more. I was really surprised to get 26 around town, I'm used to driving my lifted jeep wrangler unlimited around and only getting 14...

Ill update on the next fill up since ill be doing a highway trip to VT from long island, so this should give a good idea of highway mileage.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have 600" miles on mine and I use Sport mode quite a bit...blowing away Mitsubishis,,,VWs etc.. And its fun let me tell you. I feel like I am 20 yrs old again.(Im 56 hoping I am not too old for this car??Naa...)> ANyway I am getting an average of 24.2 MPG...

1 - 20 of 266 Posts