Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just as I feared, they have gone over all the typical issues that can lead to water leaking in the cabin and its none of them. Now they are doing the whole dog and pony show with Nissan.

fml

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well the mystery is solved and yes it is something that all Jukes suffer from I hate to say. It turns out the drainage design by the windshield isn't really working as well as it should. The cowl drain simply can fill up faster than it moves water out causing it to spill over into the fresh air vent. I think it happens when the car is just parked in the rain for a long period of time with heavy rain. Once in motion the water that leaks in is simply what has been building up in the vents all that time. If you keep it in a garage and only drive through the heavy rain it doesn't happen because the air flow helps the water move. Looks like Nissan is keeping it hush hush because they still don't have any solution for the problem.

So nobody's Juke is water tight I hate to say, the problem just simply doesn't rear its ugly head for everyone. :(

·
Registered
849 Posts
We're talking about the "bath tub" right? THe area under the cowl that holds the wiper arm/motors and is also the fresh air intake for the HVAC system? A fix for that is going to really suck. All I can think of at the moment is to raise the barrier up some with some sheet metal. The air intake duct from the bath tub has a raised section that is supposed to prevent water from entering. It's sorta like a baffle. One could use thin sheet metal to make a ring around this baffle raising it up higher. Glue it in place with a outdoor waterproof silicone. While this won't help get water out of the bathtub, it will take longer for the water to reach critical level and enter the HVAC system.

I also don't see this causing a mold problem. This problem should only occure rarely and there is plenty of moving air to keep the system dry after the rain stops. This design is common to just about every car, other just seems to drain better than the Juke apparently. Water always enters this duct when it rains. THere is fine water mist created by moving vehicles and the rain hitting the car which is pulled into the air system. This water laiden air usually drops out of suspension as it passes through evaporator core or heater core. This compartment has a drain tube specifically to handle water condensation at this point.

I'm actually surprised the drain tube by the evaporator isn't getting rid of the overflow volume that enters the HVAC system before it enters the passenger compartment.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I didn't just drive it through Irene, I parked it outside for HOURS.

So continue to color me skeptical.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Wow that sucks Vern. I'm intrigued to hear more--what are they doing for you?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same thing happening to me. I though I'd notice mater before but today it was confirmed by a larger amount leaking from the same place you mentioned.

I will be taking my car in on monday and hope they can solve it. At least now I can call them on there bs if they say the plug needs to be removed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2011 Juke is leaking too. Only mine seems to be leaking in a different area.
In the rear passenger foot wells. I was driving my car and suddenly heard water rushing through metal.
I immediately pulled over and got out to inspect. I saw water coming in from the BOTTOM of the seatbelt trim, right by where a persons feet would go. This was happening simultaneously on both the driver and passenger side. I was furious. We had had several days of rain prior to this. And NO my sunroof and windows were not left open as the service guy had suggested.

I dropped it off Sunday night. Fortunately other recall issues were resolved in the meantime, but by the time I picked up my car THURSDAY night, the carpets were still VERY wet. They were supposed to "detail" the car since they had no idea where any leaks were coming from and that they had not found any damage. My grandmother could have cleaned my car better. Before I left the dealership I called over one of the "Detail" guys over show him the water. He was baffled. I'm beside myself. I've just had the car a little over a year. My car smalls like wet socks and mold. What do I do? What do I say to the dealership? I pay a lot a month for this car (which I love but am starting to despise for all the problems) and I have no idea what my rights are. Please help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nissan JukeWater Leaking In

Friend... I'm affraid you've been Juked by Nissan too just as I have! I just picked up my new 2012 juke Monday and thought it smelled a bit finky sour only to find out 3 days later my juke was being flooded with water when it rains. When the Dodge dealership brought it down here to Alabama from Chicago this week it had rained all week and I am positive they knew there was an issue with it when they got it to the dealership here, But did not choose to tell me of the problem. Sorry to tell ya, But from the research that I've done today Nissan is well aware of this problem now for years. Other nissans have this issue also and eventually the floorboards will rust out making it a safty hazard with your feet in the floorboard, God forbid a child gets hurt etc. This is aweful and nissan refuses to correct the problem with their vehicles rusting due to water damage. My fear now also is the issue with mold growing under my Juke carpet. I noticed today that my engine even sounded different than the first day I picked it up from the dealership.... It sounded as though water was getting the engine wet too. I'm am reporting this to the the national hwy safety dept as well as seeking an attorney. I found one online that has a class action against Nissan corp. Please email me so we can fight this together in whatever means we can weather it be confronting nissan or joining the class action lawsuit. I noticed at out local Nissan dealership that they had sold a Juke recently and now it's back on thier lot after I saw it parked at their shop a few days ago... My guess is the owner that bought that juke noticed water coming inside this week with us having rain. Nissan will pay for what they're doing to honest customers. Look me up on facebook under "CherAnn" or countrygirl39sweety at ya hoo dot com. Let me know if you have any luck dealing with Nissan Corp.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Leak above break pedal

I went through a car wash yesterday in my 2011 Nissan Juke. A waterfall was coming in from above my brake pedal to create a little lake at mu feet. They are telling me it might be from a windshield replaced 7 months ago. I had windshield person come out and said absolutely not. Now I'm driving to A different glass specialty place to prove it may or may not be the seal on my windshield. If I get a second written opinion that it is not then I will take that back to Nissan to trouble shoot again.
Unfortunately now my electrical has gone haywire from being wet.. I feel that I will have problems the life of the car with my electrical because there was so much water flowing through. As I drive my cruise lights, break lights and key alerts are flashing like crazy.
Brenda

·
Registered
2 Posts
juke leaking under dash when go thru car wash

Has anyone had the problem of the dash leaking while going thru the automatic car wash? they finally figured out what the problem is and the basic answer i got, was you can not take it to that car wash any more, the water comes out too fast at once and floods it, does not flood but leaks all the way across under the dash on both sides, they then proceeded to tell me, you are more than welcome to bring it to our car wash. has anyone else noticed this problem? Supposedly this particular car wash is too much pressure and drops too much water on the firewall for it to handle, my question would be what the hell am i to do if we get a flash flood in missouri, which is VERY comon?!!! anyone help??????? my car now smells like car was soap!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Wow, never heard of that and cannot imagine the speeds and force that car wash must be suing on the car... I have not yet taken the Juke thru one of those and do not plan on it so I cannot help on that subject. However, here in S FL we do sometimes get quite a bit of rain and I can safely say I have seen no leaks in almost year of owning the vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
did it rain or did you go thru an auto car wash? they told me i can NOT take it to my car wash any longer! this sounds like a problem to me!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2011 Juke also experiences water rushing in from the break and gas pedal after heavy rain. I've taken it to the dealership 3 times and they've been unable to diagnose the issue properly. They originally told me it was a drainage plug that needed to be removed. Then it was a drainage plug that needed to be tightened. Now I'm working with Nissan consumer affairs and they are saying its not a known issue even though a simple google search returns tons of results like this from Juke owners. I've fixed a gopro to the bottom of my seat and have been video recording each time it happens.

Has anyone else worked with Nissan consumer affairs or had the issue resolved. Feels super unsafe to drive and I'm shocked Nissan isn't showing greater concern for the issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

I think I found a solution for one water problem.
Today a client walked in with a serious water problem. I work at a Nissan dealership in Belgium. I found out that there was something not right under te cowl from the windscreen.
I'll post some pictures, hope it works.
On the 5th picture you see te gap between the 2 panels, thats where the water comes in. Its on the drivers side. Now I closed the gap. Thats the last picture

sketch-1457001460699.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,842 Posts
Hi everyone,

Today a client walked in with a serious water problem. I work at a Nissan dealership in Belgium. I found out that there was something not right under te cowl from the windscreen.
On the 5th picture you see te gap between the 2 panels, thats where the water comes in. Its on the drivers side. Now I closed the gap. Thats the last picture

welcome to the forum. Thank you for sharing this information with the forum. I am sure this will help many Juke owners.

please keep posting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Juke is leaking om the front passenger side, I can hear it swoosh around and now it seems it is getting worse, where would I even look, I see a bolt underneath that a bit if water drips from but it is bad please help if you can, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
So IF you have "Rain" water sloshing around near the base of the windshield.

Your best bet is to take the cowl off. Its not hard to do. Look for what is plugging up the natural oem drains.

If your heater core is somehow leaking. Thats a whole different problem.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi everyone,

View attachment 122705
Did this really fixed it? I have this same leaking issues for years and now it's raining season again, i want to get this fixed. I'm assuming there's no recall for this right?

Here's a video of the leak
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

61 - 79 of 79 Posts