Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Flat out tell them that the price you paid for the Juke you bought is the only price you are comfortable paying. They need to either offer you the same vehicle or if they can't provide that then provide you with one at their loss. This is Nissan's problem not yours to fix, make sure they understand that.

Always try to present your self as calm as possible and at least pretend to be "understanding". DO NOT let them push you about, and if it comes to it, threating to lawyer up usually goes a long way. Dealers have more wiggle room then they like to admit.

·
Registered
849 Posts
The dealer isn't paying for that replacement either.. remind them of that as well.. Nissan will be reimbursing the dealer for the loss of the vehicle.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
A quick question about the AWD which should probably go in another thread but...

I know the mpg is about 2mi less on jukes that have awd. But is that only when the awd is engaged? Because that would kinda be a bummer for me. Although, I suppose a difference of 2mpg isn't the biggest deal ever.

One dealership about 2 hours away has one that I'd really like. I wonder if they'd be willing to bring it over

·
Registered
849 Posts
I've had Honda dealerships move cars between them in the past so they might do that for you. THe honda dealerships in question were not sister dealerships either.

You may see an increase if you turn off the AWD completely and leave it that way. You may not. The AWD system is supposed to shut it's self off when it's just cruising along and only kick in on turns or accelerations. SO I don't think you'll see much of a difference. Regardless of it's on or off state, you are still toting around the rear end and the main driveshaft. Dead extra weight if you are not using it ever.

I personally like the AWD, it's safer in adverse weather conditions (including simple rain) plus you also get a very nice handling performance increase as well. The torque vectoring really does help do what they claim it's supposed to do.

2 MPG is also a small thing. HUmidity and temperature, tire pressure, fuel quality, your mood. All these things can easily create a difference greater than 2 mpg.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Thanks guys!!

So here's the scoop. I signed papers for a new juke this evening; Sapphire black with navigation for a difference of $2 a month! It's coming from a local dealership so it should be ready by tomorrow morning/early afternoon.

The new juke doesn't have illuminated kick plates or a spoiler but trading those two things for a navigation seems fair to me :) I am hoping it arrives with every accessory they told me it comes with. I'll believe it when I see it!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Excellent. Sounds like they did right by you with hopefully little hassle. Certainly reassuring to see that Nissan will step up to the plate when something goes wrong and take care of it properly.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Gald to see you got a new one. The AWD is actually more suited for the Bay Area. It should handle better in the rain and you can technically take it to Tahoe in the winter time assuming you have the right tires for it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
WHEW! What a trip this experience has been :) I actually ended up passing on the white AWD. The main reason is because I had a white altima coupe 3.5SE that I just got rid of. Long story short, I don't need 270hp and I don't use it either!

I ended up with a Sapphire Black SV with Navigation for $1 more a month. So my final price was $20587. Not bad, right?? I absolutely love the Sapphire Black color. It looks so sleek at night but really shines during the day.

Thank you SO much to everyone that helped give me advice. The GM of the dealership I went to has a daughter my age; as soon as I pulled the "would you put your daughter back in that other SV?" and he agreed that it just wasn't safe.

I went to take out my belongings from my "old" Juke and they tore the damn thing apart. Though they attempted to put it back together, it just looked rugged and dirty from the inside out. All the seats were covered in plastic too meaning they were doing lots of testing.

One thing I noticed immediately was this Juke drives SO much better than other one I had. Also, the windows roll up a lot faster. I truly think that other Juke was a fluke :) It didn't feel as sturdy as the one I'm in now and I'm much happier with my purchase.

YAY, so happy now!

·
Registered
631 Posts
You found yourself a great dealership! I'm glad things worked out so well for you. The black is really nice looking, too. It's my favorite, actually. Enjoy!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Thanks everyone!! And it's a gorgeous day to go out for a drive too. The Sapphire Black sparkles a lot more than I thought in direct sunlight. Loving it!

·
Registered
105 Posts
wonderful....

Same exact problem happened over the weekend with all the hurricane rain. I'm going to be livid if they cannot fix this. I have a bad feeling that this is a design defect across the board.

I'm betting most of us haven't had this problem before since you need pretty strong raining conditions.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I drove through a few hours of Irene on Saturday and parked her outside in the hurricane for a few more hours without a drop of water intruding. So I'd guess it's not simply a design flaw.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Mine was parked outside throughout Irene, and we got 10-12" of rain during that period. The interior stayed bone dry, it may be a batch issue w/ certain parts or improper drain plug removal, etc. after delivery. Sorry to hear Vern, hopefully Nissan can find the problem, whatever it is.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I hope so because I really don't want to give up my car after getting it just how I wanted.

Reading this thread got me worried and I haven't even had the chance yet to bring it in :-/

41 - 60 of 79 Posts