Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The mold is another issue that I was concerned about because I don't know how long this vehicle has been leaking. I just purchased it a few weeks ago but who knows how long it was sitting on the lot with water damage :(

We've been getting so much rain lately that it's really worrisome. I tried to call service this afternoon and they directed me to the service manager who still hasn't returned my call. I also called Nissan North America and filed an official complaint since that is one of the requirements to validating an issue for the lemon law.

I feel like I do need to go there and demand another vehicle but at the same time, I don't think I'll be successful at that attempt :( In terms of the lemon law, they have a few more tries to make it right before they're required to but do they get any kind of 'compensation' from Nissan for taking my vehicle back? Or would they need to take it back on their own recognizance?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Wow. It sure does look like it dumps out of there in buckets. Hopefully, the top isn't leaking near as much as down below. I'd be worried about staining in the headliner more than anything else. Shoring up the leaks/clearing drains and cleaning/drying it out should be OK and I would trust the fix. I wouldn't expect a mold situation to occur if the water source is removed, but if the headliner gets discolored from the first soaking, I'd be for getting a new one regardless. Of course, if it continues to leak and they can't fix it, I'd like to see you get into a different and watertight Juke! We will see. I wish you the best of luck.

·
Registered
120 Posts
WOW, that is crazy!! :eek: I think I would call Nissan Consumer Affairs if the dealer can't take care of it SOON.. I had called them and complained about my Juke being delivered without all its parts after taking 103 days to get here. They did give me $250 credit at the dealer and a Maintance Gold Policy.. I would hate to have water leaking into my car like that.. I hope they can find the problem for you before you get more damage done to the interior. They should replace the head liner and everything else thats getting wet. Good luck and please keep us posted. I feel for ya!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well, I am currently sitting here waiting to speak to the general manager to let him know how I feel about the whole thing. While at the same time, I'm staring at this POS chevy cobalt that they gave me as a rental.

They called me at 3:45 telling me to be here by 5pm if I wanted a rental for free. I'm about 40 min away and got here just in time.

Ughh, I just wanted a Juke that doesn't flood!!! Is that so much to ask :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
Seems to me all they have to do is remove the headliner which I believe is just one large piece bonded to cardboard ? They should be able to see where the water is coming from at that point ?
If you really want to get the ball rolling on this I would tell them your going to contact the media (local news) and tell them Nissan has a new car out that leaks enough inside that you can film it..
Thats what I would do..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well, it sounds like they're wanting to make things right. Monetary compensation sounds nice, but a fix sounds even nicer along with a rental in the mean time. Hope it doesn't take too long. I spent a number of years doing technical work and I sure hope one of the Nissan engineers knows in what direction to point your service guys.
I think a 370Z rental would definitely help with the grin factor and bring your spirits up! :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
The car was supposed to be seen at 7am by a Nissan Tech so I will keep everyone informed about what the problem was. The paper work that I have indicates the following:

1st attempt: drain plug was not removed by buyers dealership. Plug removed, things are fine now.

2nd attempt: Unable to fix the problem. Nissan tech will be called.

Here's to hoping that 3rd time's a charm :mad: I just can't believe they sent me home in that car on Saturday though... Nothing like driving around with that kinda fear. A leak from the sunroof, fine. Even the leak in the driverside back seat is manageable for the time being. But water gushing out over the brake pedal!? Yikes.

The general manager had all kinds of excuses which somehow, in his mind, justified sending me home in that car. ugh.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I'm starting to think that maybe a call to a local news channel might not be such a bad idea. There has to be some damage there. Unless they are going to replace everything inside that has been touched by water, I don't understand how this could be acceptable.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes lets call in the Nissan Tech.. The head liner is toast, all they have to do is tear it out and start pouring their water on it. They better find it soon or its headliner,carpet ,seats and anything else that got wet. Maybe a new car, keep fighting it, hold your ground and dont let them keep guessing. Squeeky wheel gets the grease.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
As of right now, it looks like my car is going to Juke heaven :( The engineers can't figure out whats wrong with it and the last I heard from the service manager is that they took the interior of the car apart and still can't figure out where it's coming from.

He suggested that there could possibly be some solder inside one of the tubings which would be impossible for them to find. I spoke with the general manager this evening and he said that it looks like from the way things are going, they're going to put me in a new one.

The pros and cons of that are:

pros: no more leaky juke! don't have to worry about damage to the vehicle or anything like that either.

cons: locally there isn't an SV model that was as comparable to mine! I had illuminated kick plates, splash guards, and spoiler...and it was only $20,400 before tax. *sigh* I guess the search begins.

I'm thinking about possibly upgrading to an SL model but I didn't really wanna go that route...although the sound system is :D

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
That would be a first if they replace your Juke. That's also great news.
I hope you do get a new one as the moisture in the carpet and under padding is a breeding ground for future mold and mildew.
I wonder if they will take your old Juke and use reverse technology on it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hurray! New Juke! AND no need for lemon law claims and attorneys! So tell us, do you think you caught more flies with honey? Or did you unload on them with both barrels?

Hopefully your dealer can wrangle you a suitable replacement from another dealership if need be. Hope your next Juke is as good to you as ours has been to us!

·
Registered
120 Posts
If they find you an SV they could always add the options that are missing like the kick plates, splash guards and the spoiler... That's great they are getting you a new one... :p I would think the wet one could maybe cause you more problems down the road.

·
Registered
60 Posts
WOW
You won!
Whoo Hoo
Hey cant you remove the sill plates, spoiler and splash guards and add them to your new one ?
They are all dealership upgrades anyway..

·
Registered
28 Posts
If u can wait it out get the same model! You paid for all those extras.

I did speak to the dealership on Saturday about the diaster in japan and they said that they're not sure if it'll affect productions on the juke however they were supposed to receive a shipment in march and they have yet to get it.

But yay! That's awesome that they're willing to give u a new car!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Wow, it has been a hectic day! I am still not quite in the clear but I am trying to just put one foot in front of the other so that I don't get ahead of myself.

I got a call from the GM today saying his service team is throwing in the towel. They can't get the problem to recreate consistency which says that their diagnosis of the problem is wrong. And if they don't know what the problem truly is, how can they put me back in the car with confidence that its fixed.

So! I have been offered an AWD SV white juke as a replacement but I am *not* assuming that it is going to be an even trade. What sounds too good to be true, usually is!! But that is the car that is supposedly saved for me, so I guess we will see tomorrow when I return the rental.

The reason I am skeptical is because this SV has like $2000+ in upgrades since it also has navigation. I really don't need the awd either. I would rather have an SL fwd but realistically, I guess I come out ahead either way. Again, I have a feeling they're going to try and squeeze more $ outta me when they know I wanted to keep the price at/around $21,000.

I really don't know how I feel about this whole thing! Ill know after tomorrow for sure. Right now, this has been an incredible inconvenience and I wish I didn't have to deal with it :( but if I come home tomorrow with an awd and navigation, we'll see...

Super skeptical haha

21 - 40 of 79 Posts