Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has been the perfect car. I've tried to do everything to keep it on the road as long as possible. New tires ,regular oil change, never running low fuel. Well I had a little shake in the tire. Took it to Firestone where I just got new tires. Wanted to get a front in alinement. They discover my passenger tire was 2 sizes too wide for my car? They made a mistake, they corrected it. No big deal. I kept feeling a little shake.. Took it back to Firestone he said everything ok but the shake was my motor mount making that shake. Ok I did check it to see if I could see the motor move when starting and it did move quite a bit. Bought all 4 motor mounts. Had a friend mechanic put them on. Test drive it everything great. Next morning go to leave and my car sounded like something was loose(mount) checked all were tight. Passenger side strut was making noise. Replaced strut and had spark plugs and boots changed for good measure. My car sounded the exact way as when I got there. Looked at strut and boot was damaged. He ran codes before I left and nothing. But now, on my way home, while driving it sounds like a lawn mower and rpm are jumping everywhere . I park it , took it to a shop to look at it. The car is now reading codes and it's my transmission component that has failed. I need to replace the transmission at dealership??????? What happened to my car????? Could it be coil packs? Read somewhere all the symptoms was there for it having bad coil pack?
Sorry so long just wanted to put it all out there.

·
Administrator
12,969 Posts
Post the codes. We might be able to help but it certainly sounds like a a lot of unnecessary work was done.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Would be good to have make/model/year/mileage/transmission on the vehicle as a general rule of thumb.

Depends on the transmission code which we don't have provided but it might not even matter. To throw a TCM code there has to be something seriously wrong and this is how the fault analysis should be conducted unless it's proven otherwise. That code being thrown by a faulty coil pack I suppose anything is possible but I'd assume that isn't related even if that's the case. You would also get a cylinder mis-fire code and possibly a cat efficiency code as well since you'd be firing unburned hydrocarbons out the tailpipe. Also keep in mind whether the code is permanent or not, this means it hasn't met the threshold to self-clear and thus highly unlikely it's tripped by mistake and certainly a fault in the transmission.

The rpms jumping everywhere needs some clarification. Do the rpms pulse up and down at steady throttle? Do the rpms slip/flare when a certain rpm is hit under throttle/load? Do the rpms hit 3,000 rpms and just stutter? There are a few things in a CVT that would affect rpms but the codes would specifically state what it would be.

Finally, if the dealership has diagnosed it as a failed transmission needing replacement and they have the vehicle on-hand, it would be difficult for us here to say otherwise. I went thru this myself and after clearing the codes either with a hand held tool or using a re-flash to clear the permanent codes.......they always came back. Trust the codes is what I'm saying. Save up some money and if you don't feel comfortable you can get a 2nd professional opinion and go from there.

·
Administrator
12,969 Posts
Almost all codes are 4 values. Not 3. 7E8 and 7E9 are not in the FSM

·
Vendor
983 Posts
Those are not p codes. your either using the wrong code reader, or looking at the wrong information. That is a generic code function that means the scan tool you are using cannot identify the specific p code being shown.

·
Administrator
12,969 Posts
P0841 is CVT fluid pressure sensor .......

Reactions: FastReligion

·
Vendor
983 Posts
What are the other actual codes.

Fluid pressure sensor means it is out of range, so low or high pressure readings.

Have it properly diagnosed for the codes you are being given. At a dealership. By someone with the right tools for the job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What are the other actual codes.

Fluid pressure sensor means it is out of range, so low or high pressure readings.

Have it properly diagnosed for the codes you are being given. At a /QUOTE]
P0841. I took it to dealership and they said I need complete transmission. 5700+1650 axel boots leaking causing major damage and excess play to both axles. That's just 2 things they listed 612.00 replace spark plugs and tune up. I just replaced spark plugs and coil packs right before I took it up there. That's why I'm questioning anything they said. When I asked about code they said that was just a general code. ????

·
Administrator
12,969 Posts
The plugs were gapped properly ? What brand and type of plug ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts