Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Nissan has a tradition of entertaining television ads that put a smile on your face, and their new Juke has a couple of comercials that continue that tradition.

The first is a Walter Mitty-esque spot where an ordinary office worker turns into a dashing mercenary of menial tasks thanks to his Juke, and the confidence it brings him. The second spot is a kind of futuristic fable where the new Juke challenges the authority of a monolith/robot known as “The Dread”. This one's a little out there, but we have to admire Nissan's creative team for not patronizing their target buyers, who according to demographic data, are more interest in playing Xbox than anything else.

Hit the jump to see the official press release

More: Nissan Juke Ads Straddle The Line Between Fantasy And Reality (Video Inside) on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
92 Posts
that donut ad is pretty funny. i can clearly see how this car might make people think theyre driving a sports car. best part was when the guy said "professional driver, closed course". lol

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
noooo! the best part was his shoes and socks.

or maybe the donut lady's expression.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The ladies at my office keep threatening to buy me red shoes... I tell them (with a straight face) that if they aren't careful i will wear them. They also now expect me to bring in donuts all the time too...

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
LOL...My wife was looking for red shoes for me. I already love donuts. ;)

When we bought her Sorento I had to find the official Joy Ride sock monkey for her car. Now it sits in the back seat.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I love the Sorento commercial, that and the SOUL hamsters are awesome. The JUKE commercial is way out there. Dude is breaking windows, drifting in an AWD vehicle, red shoes, doesn't appear to have socks and chucking donuts on the table during a meeting. Awesome.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I like he donut add but I think the Dread commercial is much cooler. It definitely targets the younger video game generation.

I think the donut commercial is giong to reel in the office worker. With the Juke adding spice to the stereo typical office life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts