Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Went to go buy my MT-85 from the shop I went too last time and unfortunately they were sold out. Went with Motul 300 Gear oil since I've heard great things about them and sure enough, also great stuff. The notchiness that started to return as the redline oil got older went away again. Super smooth, buttery shifts are back. Slides in and out of gear no problem. I did go 75w-90 instead of 75w-85 but when warmed up, I think it is smoother than ever.

Just like Redline, it is a full esther base but this is a GL-4/GL-5 blend. Normally GL-5 is not a good thing for yellow metals but Motul has very limited EP in it that makes it safe to still run with yellow metals (brass synchros). The shop I bough it from is a full Nissan only shop that builds track cars for people. From drifting, to autocross and road course to drag cars. They say they use it in all their cars and never have once had an issue with it.

Anyways, when I run out of Redline 5w-30, I may give Motul a shot. They are also full Esther base and my seller has also offered to sell me Motul at a couple percent above cost which saves me about $15 per oil change comparing to paying retail of Redline oil. Also, met a friend who is an Amsoil dealer which I can also get at cost also so there's always that route that will save me some money. All 3 companies which are known for their VERY outstanding oils. Amsoil is just not esther base which I know Nissan motors love.
Good info!
I use Motul RBF600 for brake and clutch, haven't tried their other fluids but I'm sure they are also top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
563 Posts
Good info!
I use Motul RBF600 for brake and clutch, haven't tried their other fluids but I'm sure they are also top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. I figured I may end up a full Motul car with the price they are giving me on oil. Hmmm... Maybe I can get a partial sponsorship for track days to help with maintenance cost lol. Yeah right, too small to make an impact. :culpability:

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Definately going to do this.
My Juke is over 40K and am performing all survice DIY.
Service done so far:
1) Oil (Royal Purple and RP filter) Fumoto F-103N Engine Oil Drain Valve
2) Brake/Clutch Fluid (OEM Nissan)
3) OCC install
4) Intake Resonator Delete
5) Cabin Filter FRAM CF11177 and Intake Air Filter KandN
6) Transmission Fluid Change ..Coming Soon!

Thanks for the writeups!! Keep them coming.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Definately going to do this.
My Juke is over 40K and am performing all survice DIY.
Service done so far:
1) Oil (Royal Purple and RP filter) Fumoto F-103N Engine Oil Drain Valve
2) Brake/Clutch Fluid (OEM Nissan)
3) OCC install
4) Intake Resonator Delete
5) Cabin Filter FRAM CF11177 and Intake Air Filter KandN
6) Transmission Fluid Change ..Coming Soon!

Thanks for the writeups!! Keep them coming.
Don't get a K&N, you don't want the oil. Get an AEM dry filter instead. For example: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TQZOFDI/?coliid=I3AO1T5J4AK1CB&colid=2DT49SK6YEZS8&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

(If you are not aware AEM is an awesome brand. For my 2014 RS, the panel filter is: P/N 28-20409)

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Should be a 3/8 socket end ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Should be a 3/8 socket end ?
I’ll try the 3/8 again... maybe I was being impatient, but I couldn’t get it to fit.

this is what it looks like

:::EDIT:::
So, just in case anyone else encounters this issue on their manual transmissions...

The 3/8 is too big, and the 1/4 is a bit too small. I did some sleuthing and found this

The male square head on it is 8mm, a little larger than 1/4 but smaller than 3/8. I couldn’t find any English reviews or details about it, but one person mentioned Renault (in Italian), whom co-developed the mr16ddt, so I feel like I’m on the right path.
I’m going to order this bad boy and pray it fits the mystery hole. 🙆🏻‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Just grind the 3/8" down to fit.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts