Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I’m pretty new to upgrading cars etc and I’m learning, but I’m looking to change the exhaust to make it sound nicer.

I do not really know where to start to be totally honest so any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Would love suggestion, cheap and easy suggestions or not! I am happy to hear all suggestions

· Vendor
1,273 Posts
Right now cat-back prices are insane. And depending on the laws of where you live limit what you can and cannot do to the exhaust. Find a local muffler shop and see if they can swap out the muffler for a more aggressive one. The RS already does not have a resonator, and getting involved in changing out cats gets really expensive really quick.

· Registered
30 Posts
I really love the R-tune NISMO muffler sound, though, the axle-back version I use on my AWD Nismo is probably going to sound quite a bit different the FWD version. Looking at how tiny the FWD version is, I almost feel like it might drone. I'm going to do some more recording of mine this weekend but have some on the forums while just parked. It's only 2.25" but frankly that doesn't matter, seeing as though the downpipe itself is 2.25", with one post I read on here having claimed measurements which are even less. Not to mention, the factory pipes being crushed at the bends. Having learnt my lesson with past cars and just throwing big pipes on and actually losing bottom end and inducing tremendous drone, I just wanted a modestly healthy sounding and performing everyday driver, so went 2.25" straight through. Stillen catback. No crushed bends.

I'm honestly not sure why so many use the 3" Injen stuff...again, on account of the downpipe that most of us will never replace, unless for some reason in the future the engine happens to have to come out. I mean, if I had a 5/8" garden hose and somehow stepped up and attached it to a 1" garden hose, I feel like I'd fill up the bucket just as fast as a straight through 5/8 hose lol.

· Administrator
13,290 Posts
The Injen is beautiful. I got mine on a price mistake on Amazon. $95.

3" on the Juke makes it sound much better than you think. Its low. Not raspy or Ricer and does not drone at least on a 6 speed.

· Registered
2 Posts
I really love the R-tune NISMO muffler sound, though, the axle-back version I use on my AWD Nismo is probably going to sound quite a bit different the FWD version. Looking at how tiny the FWD version is, I almost feel like it might drone. I'm going to do some more recording of mine this weekend but have some on the forums while just parked. It's only 2.25" but frankly that doesn't matter, seeing as though the downpipe itself is 2.25", with one post I read on here having claimed measurements which are even less. Not to mention, the factory pipes being crushed at the bends. Having learnt my lesson with past cars and just throwing big pipes on and actually losing bottom end and inducing tremendous drone, I just wanted a modestly healthy sounding and performing everyday driver, so went 2.25" straight through. Stillen catback. No crushed bends.

I'm honestly not sure why so many use the 3" Injen stuff...again, on account of the downpipe that most of us will never replace, unless for some reason in the future the engine happens to have to come out. I mean, if I had a 5/8" garden hose and somehow stepped up and attached it to a 1" garden hose, I feel like I'd fill up the bucket just as fast as a straight through 5/8 hose lol.
Hey I put a magnaflow cat back system on my 2011 SL and I just love it! It has a beautiful sweet note and it's not too loud and I think it's just right. It has a beautiful polished chrome slightly slash cut tip on it. And as this system"broke in"I saw a marked difference in performance and pep. I highly recommend it unless you're looking for racing pipe volume

· Registered
183 Posts
A catback exhaust by itself will not give you any added performance.

· Administrator
13,290 Posts
The only bolt on's that add power to an OEM turbo is a true Downpipe. A new upgraded turbo ( with a tune ). Everything else will not add power.

· Vendor
1,273 Posts
An engine will only flow as much air (create power) as the smallest restriction on its exhaust will allow. The cat-back is after 2 EXTREMELY restricting pieces of equipment; the catalytic converters. Cats used form factory are designed for maximum EMISSIONS results, not performance, they are massive power restrictors from the factory, and the car is tuned for them. Changing out the cat-back will not add and power. In reality, adding any bolt on to these cars will not add any power without a proper tune (bolt on a bigger turbo being the exception to that rule, but that's super dangerous to do without a tune...so don't).

Anyone who says a cat-back added power to their juke is experiencing a placebo effect. You spent the time and money to get and install a part, so your brain expects a reward. The increase in noise and grumble make the car SEEM like its performing better. So your brain says "yippy its faster", when in reality it is not. Not saying don't do cat-backs. Better sound is always good, and personalizing a car is 90% of the fun. But do not expect more power from bolting on a part.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts