Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo RS 6MT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think this is the right place to post. Anywho, bought my juke off if carvana with 58k, I noticed ever since I installed my GlowShift boost gauge that I'm reading 20psi when in sport mode. When in normal it peaks at 16, is that normal for the RS? Mine is the 6 speed by the way

·
Super Moderator
2,039 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Momentary Peak is probably ok. Sustained 20psi would mean the car is tuned. You’re correct, the Nismo RS is 16psi boost tuned from the factory. Sport mode does change some engine parameters to give it a little more “umph” but it’s not like a true tune that changes boost levels. Sport mode changes things like accelerator response, steering response, and possibly valve timing or injector control.

Reactions: Jersey Juke RS

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forums. Momentary Peak is probably ok. Sustained 20psi would mean the car is tuned. You’re correct, the Nismo RS is 16psi boost tuned from the factory. Sport mode does change some engine parameters to give it a little more “umph” but it’s not like a true tune that changes boost levels. Sport mode changes things like accelerator response, steering response, and possibly valve timing or injector control.
Thank you! And from what I can tell. Under WOT, it's sustained 20 PSI. Seems rather storage to me because the car was completely stock when I bought it and sadly I'm not sure of it's history

·
Super Moderator
2,039 Posts
easiest way to tell if it is tuned on UpRev is with KOEO (key on engine off) hold down the cruise control decel/set button and press the cruise control cancel button 1 to 5 times. the number of times you press the cancel button corresponds to the tune map number, so 1 press map 1, 2 presses... etc. The green cruise light will flash the number of times for the map selected to confirm. However, there is no indication what map you are currently on. ECUTek is similar but uses the bars on the boost gauge in the ICON system under sport mode to indicate map number.

However, unless you know what map you're currently on or know what each map is tuned for, you could be in for a surprise ranging from no engine start to ridiculous amounts of boost, or maybe a more tame stock experience. Example, I'm tuned so my map 1 is ~21psi, map 2 is Nismo RS comparable ~17psi, map 3 is stock 12psi (S, SV, SL stock), map 4 is wastegate spring pressure only (7psi for me), and map 5 is a "security" mode with the injectors disabled.

·
Registered
626 Posts
easiest way to tell if it is tuned on UpRev is with KOEO (key on engine off) hold down the cruise control decel/set button and press the cruise control cancel button 1 to 5 times. the number of times you press the cancel button corresponds to the tune map number, so 1 press map 1, 2 presses... etc. The green cruise light will flash the number of times for the map selected to confirm. However, there is no indication what map you are currently on. ECUTek is similar but uses the bars on the boost gauge in the ICON system under sport mode to indicate map number.

However, unless you know what map you're currently on or know what each map is tuned for, you could be in for a surprise ranging from no engine start to ridiculous amounts of boost, or maybe a more tame stock experience. Example, I'm tuned so my map 1 is ~21psi, map 2 is Nismo RS comparable ~17psi, map 3 is stock 12psi (S, SV, SL stock), map 4 is wastegate spring pressure only (7psi for me), and map 5 is a "security" mode with the injectors disabled.
Yea, thats why i recommend taking it to someone familiar with the software, god forbid its tuned and is in say map 3 right now which is set up for being stock, and you put it in a different map that was set up for mods and dont realize it, then BOOM

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Well I tried that and no cruise control light. So my assumption is that my boost gauge could be off, or I don't notice it spike then come back down as I quickly see 20psi. I guess it is a spike 😅 sorry y'all still newer to the juke and tuning as a whole. Thank you guys for the insight, much appreciated!

·
Registered
870 Posts
I never really trust boost gauges and things like that. When I was not tuned, on a good day, I could see 12psi (SL max psi) I have a video of it. Once tuned I have yet to have my gauge go over 10psi yet the boost-pressure-sensor is spitting out ~3.5v which equates to about ~14.5psi (not alot, but there's more to a tune than just BOOST). So, I have more boost than before but the gauge won't read it (I know it works as I do have a pressure pump and it's bang on).

·
Super Moderator
2,039 Posts
yeah well you're a gen2 juke, sludge. gen2 is a different beast mechanically and electrically when it comes to boost, wastegate, divert valve, etc. Don't go confusing and scaring them off now. Agreed, there's way more than just turning up boost on a tune. In fact I think you get some decent horsepower and torque by adjusting the ignition timing table alone. When I had drunkmann tune me, one of the first files he sent me was adjusted timing and fuel delivery on stock boost. that file alone was a night and day difference from stock, yet I was only doing 12psi boost.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I agree totally. That's my point about my being ~14psi - my gauge just doesn't want to show it for some reason (perhaps my gauge hose expands before it can read it, don't know). However OP seeing 16 normal and 20 steady in sport mode seems a bit odd unless in fact he is tuned.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I never really trust boost gauges and things like that. When I was not tuned, on a good day, I could see 12psi (SL max psi) I have a video of it. Once tuned I have yet to have my gauge go over 10psi yet the boost-pressure-sensor is spitting out ~3.5v which equates to about ~14.5psi (not alot, but there's more to a tune than just BOOST). So, I have more boost than before but the gauge won't read it (I know it works as I do have a pressure pump and it's bang on).
I never trusted any of these backyard boost gages people stick in there cars.. I got to find the time to get my Juke Down to 2J in Atlanta for a real dyno tune.. I have all the bolt on's ready to go, just need a real tuner.... ???

·
Registered
489 Posts
Welcome! I have a glowshift boost gauge and i am 2J dyno tuned 2014 manual rs with 26psi and it has been spot on accurate

·
Registered
Juke nismo rs 2015
1 Posts
So I think this is the right place to post. Anywho, bought my juke off if carvana with 58k, I noticed ever since I installed my GlowShift boost gauge that I'm reading 20psi when in sport mode. When in normal it peaks at 16, is that normal for the RS? Mine is the 6 speed by the way
My nismo 2015 cvt is full stk and also have 20psi

·
Super Moderator
2,039 Posts
My nismo 2015 cvt is full stk and also have 20psi
Welcome to the forums. 20psi means your Juke is either tuned or if using a boost gauge, the gauge is not zeroed or referenced correctly. The Nismo RS came stock from the factory at 16psi.

·
Super Moderator
11,288 Posts
It might spike but it wont hold 20psi.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
....or maybe the boost solenoid is messed up, but not messed up enough to trip an over-boost.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts